240 on the way...Finally!!!

kjr_trig

I am starting to think maybe a tusk is a good way to go as they seem to have a better rep than most of the big wrasses.

95harley

My tusk is a pussy cat and actually gets chassed by the Yellow Tang and Queen Angel. Great fish! I agree that is a better way to go.
I too love Lunars and Sunset's but if he turns agro and starts de-eyeballing others (I have heard this before) then think about trying to catch a fish that fast and agile out of an 8' tank with lots of LR and caves....fag-it-a-bout-it!
So my advice in stocking your 240 is get your list together for compatibility, then get it into stocking order and stick to it.
Will help things go much better for you. I used a 75g upstairs to QT each fish for 1 month before I could move him and buy the next one...and it was TOUGH to restrain!!
Your gonna love it...enjoy!

kjr_trig

So the tank will be ready for me to pick up Feb 7th now...I asked the salesmen the weight so I get appropriate help getting it into my house...I was shocked...The tank is only 177 lbs
Thats a 2 man job...Gotta love acrylic! The stand actually weighs 190!
I was just a little surprised.

R

regina13

This is going to be a fun thread to fallow!

It's good to hear that everything is coming along nicely!

ccampbell57

177#'s???? DAMN!!! I was talking to my guy about the glass 375 and he said that it will take at least 4-6 people!
I might be doing acrylic...

kjr_trig

Originally Posted by ccampbell57
177#'s???? DAMN!!! I was talking to my guy about the glass 375 and he said that it will take at least 4-6 people!
HMMM. You both changed your avatars...Shocking...No more Clownfish with horns or wings or whatever they were...Is that Angelman's Clarion Campbell?
I am sticking with "Sumpter" the Undy.

nigerbang

My 180 weighs about 120 lbs at best....Now the stand..A strong 300lbs..

stdreb27

Originally Posted by kjr_trig
HMMM. You both changed your avatars...Shocking...No more Clownfish with horns or wings or whatever they were...Is that Angelman's Clarion Campbell?
"Sumpter" the Reef Safe Undy

R

regina13

I changed mine first.. lol
I really dont like this one so it will change again soon...

kjr_trig

Originally Posted by stdreb27
"Sumpter" the Reef Safe Undy
I miss the Simpsons Avatar, but your new one is good too.

ccampbell57

You like the new Avatar?? Yeah it is AngelMan's clarion!
I changed it due to the fact that there is a shipment of these amazing fish coming to the states as we speak.
I WISH MY WIFE WOULD LET ME BUY ONE!!!!

R

regina13

You like the new Avatar?? Yeah it is AngelMan's clarion!
I changed it due to the fact that there is a shipment of these amazing fish coming to the states as we speak.
I WISH MY WIFE WOULD LET ME BUY ONE!!!!
It could be for "her"
... lol
You are just the one who wants it...

stdreb27

I miss the Simpsons Avatar, but your new one is good too.
I have to be honest, I'm not a huge simpsons fan. But I just HAD to have my picture taken on the simpsons couch. I might be starting to miss my jolly roger flag, but I think that is way overdone on forums. So I dunno.

psusocr1

Congrats KRJ,
Let the fun begin! setting up large tanks are the biggest pain and the most fun one can have!!!

spiderwoman

Originally Posted by regina13
http:///forum/post/2414849
Love the idea of the Sohal Tang!
Those are gorgeous! My LFS has a huge one in their reef tank and it's a real *clown*. He loves to pick up the veggie clip and throw it around the tank. when you walk up to the tank he comes and really shows off. They are asking $295 for it.