240 stocking list!!!

reefer123

alright i want to add the following, will these go together?
1-bannded cat shark
1-tessa eel
1-zebra eel
1-panther grouper
1-blue dot grouper
1-harqulin tusk
1-green chromis

would any of these fight, or not get along, or is it going to be ok?
any other suggestions will be really cool.
thanks. :cheer: :cheer:

wrigley11

I wouldn't see that stocking list working... there is very little chance of keeping any type of water quality with that bio-load. Sure it would work for about year if all the animals were extremely small when you purchased them. But give them about a year and you are asking for trouble...

mitzel

cut that list in half and forget the green chromis they will be lunch for the other fish for sure.

sharkguy22

My thoughts are to cut the tessa and chromis. Tessa are to aggresive for the shark probly accidently grab him for feeding. Chromis =mid day snack.

cheyco

Just my opinion but I have a honeycomb with a goldentail and they will lay with my blue throat trigger. No problems. The trigger lays right on top of them. They are also stocked with 2 naso tangs, one male and one female, a sohal tang, a wobbegong shark and a lion. The only one who acts like a butthead is the grouper. He steals food right out of their mouths. The tesse is no problem but then again my fish are large. Good luck.

mitzel

Originally Posted by cheyco
Just my opinion but I have a honeycomb with a goldentail and they will lay with my blue throat trigger. No problems. The trigger lays right on top of them. They are also stocked with 2 naso tangs, one male and one female, a sohal tang, a wobbegong shark and a lion. The only one who acts like a butthead is the grouper. He steals food right out of their mouths. The tesse is no problem but then again my fish are large. Good luck.

What size tank do you have?
2 eels
1 trigger
3 tangs
1 wobbegong
1 lion fish
1 grouper
:scared: I hope its not the 125 you were talking about before. :scared:
WAY TOO MANY BIG FISH IN A 125

cheyco

Originally Posted by mitzel
What size tank do you have?
2 eels
1 trigger
3 tangs
1 wobbegong
1 lion fish
1 grouper
:scared: I hope its not the 125 you were talking about before. :scared:
WAY TOO MANY BIG FISH IN A 125

Actually it is and everyone is doing great.

mitzel

Actually it is and everyone is doing great.
please show us some full tank shots.

No offense but its very hard to belive . After all a 125 gallon tank is only 6 foot long and 18 inches wide and
A full grown wobbegong shark (Orectolobus japonicus) can Grow to 9 foot.
A full grown tessellate eel (Gymnothorax favagineus ) can grow to 6 foot
a full grown goldentail eel (Gymnothorax miliaris ) can grow to 2 foot
As a generic the grouper family can get up to 10 feet.
let alone the misc other LARGE fish your claiming to have.

cheyco

please show us some full tank shots.

No offense but its very hard to belive . After all a 125 gallon tank is only 6 foot long and 18 inches wide and
A full grown wobbegong shark (Orectolobus japonicus) can Grow to 9 foot.
A full grown tessellate eel (Gymnothorax favagineus ) can grow to 6 foot
a full grown goldentail eel (Gymnothorax miliaris ) can grow to 2 foot
As a generic the grouper family can get up to 10 feet.
let alone the misc other LARGE fish your claiming to have.

Wow, it looks like you really put some thought into that response. The thing is, I don't ever remember saying that the shark was 9ft or that the eels were already 6ft and 2ft. The lion fish ( Pterois antennata ) about 6in, can grow to 8 in, The Sohal (Acanthurus sohal ) a good 11in, can grow to 16in, The Nasos ( Naso lituratus ) both about 8-9in, can grow to 18 in, The Blue throat/chin ( Xanthichthys auromarginatus ) about 6 in, can grow to 9 in. So compared to their maximum growth size, yeah they do seem like large fish to me. By the way, no offense was taken until I read what fish I was claiming to have. I'll get to work on those photos.

mitzel

Wow, it looks like you really put some thought into that response. The thing is, I don't ever remember saying that the shark was 9ft or that the eels were already 6ft and 2ft. The lion fish ( Pterois antennata ) about 6in, can grow to 8 in, The Sohal (Acanthurus sohal ) a good 11in, can grow to 16in, The Nasos ( Naso lituratus ) both about 8-9in, can grow to 18 in, The Blue throat/chin ( Xanthichthys auromarginatus ) about 6 in, can grow to 9 in. So compared to their maximum growth size, yeah they do seem like large fish to me. By the way, no offense was taken until I read what fish I was claiming to have. I'll get to work on those photos.
SO please tell us how big your Shark is and how long your rays are ? You covered everything else.

cheyco

SO please tell us how big your Shark is and how long your rays are ? You covered everything else.
Shark is about 10 in and I never said I had any rays.