29 Gallon Biocube

g r i p

Hey everyone...I am saving up for a 29g biocube and I need help with the stock list.
For fish, I had been thinking:
1 Black false percula clown
1 Orange false percula clown
And 2-3 other fish...but I can't decide what to get. can anyone help?
And for inverts...
35-40 lbs of LR
Pom-Pom Crab
Cleaner Shrimp
2 Sexy Shrimp
What coral could I put under stock lighting in the 29g biocube?
And last but not least, clean up crew....
2 Emerald Crabs
15-ish Snails
10-ish Hermits
Is all this OK?
Should I add on or take off or what?
Thanks
EDIT: OH and I have done research....There is just so much out there

perfectdark

After the addition of your ocellaris i would only add 1 more fish. For bioload purposes and also territorial issues. JMO.
Everything else looks good.
As for corals, softies and some LPS, hammers, torch, brains, candy canes, short tenticle plates, gorgonians and bubble corals to name a few.

lexluethar

Agree, I think 3 - 4 fish is MAX for a 29 gallon tank. And they need to be small fish at that. I have 4 fish in my 29 reef and i am constantly battling nitrates.
As for corals you can add just about anything - if you end up adding an anemone just add one, and monitor it if you have corals.
Zoas, mushrooms, ect will work great in your tank (assuming proper lighting). I want to get a hammer coral at some point :)

lexluethar

If it is a true biocube they usually come with a MH or T5 setup - in which case you could have anything you want.

konrade

Some type of dartfish or goby would be nice. The firefish is always a good choice.
A sixline wrasse might work well to.

perfectdark

Originally Posted by LexLuethar
http:///forum/post/2483351
If it is a true biocube they usually come with a MH or T5 setup - in which case you could have anything you want.
Actually the oceanic biocubes come with power compact lighting, the jbj versions have a halide light set up if you opted for it. And the redsea max has t-5's but they are not HO they are NO t-5's with a crappy reflector.

g r i p

ok...could i put a cherub or coral beauty angel in my tank? (with the clowns and maybe a royal gramma)???

rtspeed

in a damll tank a coral beauty is not a good opition seeing that they might nio at the coral and also have a large bioload that comes with them and on corals anything except sps coral.

perfectdark

Originally Posted by G R I P
http:///forum/post/2488830
so could i put any coral under stock lights?
Here is what you can start off looking at for corals... softies zoanthids, mushrooms, leathers. LPS Hammer, Torch, plate, bubble, candy canes and brains.