30 Gallon SPS Reef Build

lubeck

I wish i could see my pics from 5 years ago. I don't have them saved anywhere. Ive been reading up again and will start up a nano tank in the next couple months... Cant wait!!

slice

Welcome back!
I looked through some of your old threads and yeah "Picture Not Found"...that sux.
I guess we will just have to look forward to your new pictures!
Good luck with the nano build, share all your progress...

flower

5 years????? Oh man have you been checking out the new equipment available? I love the Tunz nano skimmer, it has a magnet to stay put at the water line...so it does great in the sump or right in the DT 5 X 2 foot print X 13 high, for up to 60g, I use it in my 30g and it works awesome...$150.00, and I'm drooling over the MP10 power heads...for a nano you won't need anything that strong.
What size tank are you going for?

lubeck

i did it! i just setup my 30 gal nano full reef tank! pics coming soon.. water is crystal clear only after 24 hours. I have 60 lbs of live rock, 40 lbs live sand, 2- 1050 hydro circ pump, 2- 150watt Kessil LED, 2-30wat T5.Im using a 20 gallon retro refuge/sump, 100gph eshopps skimmer. going to add chaeto and another 20 lbs of lr to the fuge.
It looks awesome... pics to come

lubeck

it looks like my cycle is coming to an end. will post pics tomorrow.. do you think my lighting will be sufficient for all sps? 2- 150watt Kessil LED 15k, 2-30wat T5.
Ive also added some macro algae in my sump/refuge today with some florescent lighting. i added a small clean up crew as well today. my skimmer is still not tunned in..hopefully soon

S

smallreef

Its really hard to tune in a skimmer during a cycle....let it finish and give the skimmer a week or 2...shouldn't have to much problem after that
its coming along nicely!

lubeck

i had a lot of issues with gurggling and put in a durso style drain but now my top skim is collecting, any suggestions?

lubeck

my water column has turned green... that sucks.. already running carbon just did a water change.yestarday.

S

smallreef

hhrrmmm dont really know,,, you probably need a powerhead pointed towards the surface to agitate that...
and the green..... just algae, maybe your cycle isnt as close to being done as you thought? or it could be a result from your skimmer not pulling good yet...