400 gallon tank stocklist

runn3rb3an

hey everyone its been forever since i posted here but I thought id come back for a little :) anyway if all goes accourding to plan i should have my tank this weekend. what i am not looking to do is not spend tons so i will be consolidating all of my tanks into one. The tank is 10' by 2' by 30" high .
I dont have much but my plan is to do 3 "towers" of live rock. one in the center covering the overflow, and one on either side. I kind of want to do a mini reef on each with softies and what not.
fish i have now:
maroon clown
kole tang
a few damsels
lunare wrasse
some sort of hawkfish, i forgot its name
thts it.
what i want:
blond naso tang
yellow tang x2 possibly
purple tang
another marron clown
perculas x2
some smallish reef fish (suggestions)
maybe a pair of blue throats or a pink tail trigger
and i would really like a cortez ray but we'll see what i end up with i guess
any suggestions?? Ive been into coral mand seahorses latley so im a bit out of it when it comes to the larger fish, but i don t see much of a problem with the list as of now
well thanks!

wangotango

Be careful mixing clowns. It does work in larger tanks, but not always. Maroons are very aggressive so that'll make it more difficult.
The yellow/purple tang combo would probably work best if you added them all at the same time. Again, Zebrasoma can be a bit nasty sometimes.
As for smallish fish? Gobies are really interesting. Cardinals are also nice if you get a good group together.

runn3rb3an

yea there are some nice gobies and i plan to add the tangs all at once too. i have cardnials in my nano and there never out. I want something with nice bold colors and that will always be out in the open. I cant really decide what i want as my showpeice either. the triggerss since i already have the wrasse? or the stingray

runn3rb3an

as for the clowns im assuming the 10 ft difference would be more than enough if respective anemones are placed at opposite sides of the tank.
anything else?

btldreef

As for small fish, I'd go with some small wrasses (fairy and flasher wrasses), cardinals, basslets, blennies and gobies. You have a very large tank, so small fish that would usually fight with one another probably won't be an issue.
Have you thought about a decent harem or anthias, maybe even two harems?
I would also consider a dwarf angel or two.
Since you already have one maroon clown, I wouldn't risk the perculas. Adding one more maroon is going to cause enough of an issue as most maroons do not accept new mates.
Forget about the ray. They need a rediculous amount of sand and are not suited for a reef style tank.
on a side note, are you still working at Pets Warehouse?

runn3rb3an

yea i completley forgot about anthias that would look really nice! ill deffinatley go with a flame angel too thanks. i cant believe io keep forgetting about all this
ive been out of it for too long.
no im not at pets warehouse anymore haha we had our differences but thats another story