55 gallon diy canopy plans

rattler

cannnn anyone give me any 55 gallon diy plans because i cant find any my tank is 48'' long by 13 in with please post them or somethin pleaseeee or a good website

clown52

I just measured the tank and built mine. I will try to post you some pics of it tonight, can't while I am at work.

acrylic51

Have you come up with any ideas as far as how you want the canopy designed meaning will the top lift open? Do you want doors on the front of the canopy? Do you want the front of the canopy to flip down? Do you want half of the canopy top to open and the other part stationary? Throw some of your ideas out there....I've done tons of canopies, just don't usually write anything down just keep it all inside my head

purerebel

Thanks! Well I wouldn't mind the top lifting up and the bottom half with 2 doors to access the lids. Tank is a standard 55 gallon. Outside diameter 12 3/4 x 48 1/4. Guess I'm looking for a general idea on how the framing should be. Does it rest just on the edge of the tank frame or should it fit snuggly against the sides of the black plastic framing with a 1/2in lip sitting on top of the frame?
Thanks in advance for any help!