55 setup in indiana

chutneyjh

I'm an extremely busy social worker who doesn't really have the time to care for my tank anymore. I'm offering my 55 setup. I can't ship this so it has to be local and I'd rather not part anything out.
55 gal tank with oak trim and matching stand
homemade 10 gal sump/fuge with lr rubble, ls, and chaeto
coralife super skimmer 65
2 maxijett 400 powerheads
prolife aquatics wet/dry system with overflow rated for a 75
about 60 lbs. live rock
sand bed is 3-4 inches
odyssea 260w pcs bulbs are 4 months old
250 w heater
make an offer if you're interested
I also have a 25 gal. tank with an iron stand I was using as a quarantine. It has a heater, small powerhead, and hob filters.

nu2salt

Originally Posted by chutneyjh
I'm an extremely busy social worker who doesn't really have the time to care for my tank anymore. I'm offering my 55 setup. I can't ship this so it has to be local and I'd rather not part anything out.
55 gal tank with oak trim and matching stand
homemade 10 gal sump/fuge with lr rubble, ls, and chaeto
coralife super skimmer 65
2 maxijett 400 powerheads
prolife aquatics wet/dry system with overflow rated for a 75
about 60 lbs. live rock
sand bed is 3-4 inches
odyssea 260w pcs bulbs are 4 months old
250 w heater
maintenance equipment - test kits, food, buckets, vac, nets, etc.
make an offer if you're interested
I also have a 25 gal. tank with an iron stand I was using as a quarantine. It has a heater, small powerhead, and hob filters.
chutnyjh can you tell me or send a pick with directions on how you built your sump? and what r u asking for the set up i live in ky and would be willing to come and get it

chutneyjh

I'm thinking I might just downgrade to a nanocube because I really don't want to get out of the hobby completely. So I'll probably keep the test kits and maintenance stuff, but everything else will still be available. I would even be willing to trade the 55 for a nano setup.
Here's a pic of the sump and a couple pics of the live rock. A couple of the pieces have stuff on them ( I think it's cyano or diatoms) but several of the pieces are starting to grow some good coraline. The sump has 3 baffles. Water comes in on the left side and that's where the skimmer is, then a bubble trap and then the fuge, then the pump is in the 3rd chamber to the right. There's also a clamp light with a compact flourescent bulb I forgot to mention in the first post.
Make me an offer. I've put over $1000 into this tank, but I just can't keep it anymore.

trainfever

Too bad youre not near Philly because I have a JBJ deluxe 12 nano, nearly new that I have been looking to unload. I've had it about 2 years but it was only set up for three months before I upgraded. Its in the original box now.

chutneyjh

I was thinking I would probably get a 24 gallon but I haven't decided. Would you be willing to ship the 12, and if so, how much would you be asking for it?

nu2salt

chutney is your tank still for sale if so how much r u looking at getting
and could you give me info on your sump

chutneyjh

Nu,
Everything listed in the first post is still available. I posted a pic and some info in my last post. If you have any other specific questions, I'd be happy to answer them. As far as what I'm asking, ideally, I'd like to get between 600 and 1000 because I've put more than 1000 into it and everything is new, but I really need to get rid of it so I'll take a pretty reasonable offer. If you want to email me, my address is jshideler@alumni.purdue.edu.
Jen

chutneyjh

If anyone is interested in making an offer, I would consider taking 500 or less for the setup. I've decided I just want to downgrade to a nano so I'm looking to make enough of the 55 setup to get a nano up and going. I will also trade for a nanocube or aquapod.