55g Aggressive

F

forenman

What are some good fish that I can put in a 55g aggressive tank. So far the only thing I know that i will put in there is a SFE.

F

forenman

is that the only types of fish I have to choose from for a 55g or are there any others and i really like the lawnmower blenny or the bicolored blenny is there anyway that they could be kept in an agressive take

konrade

You could keep a lawnmower blenny. THere are lots of choices. A rectangular trigger would fit for life. They max out around 10 inches if I'm not mistaken. You could have dwarf angels also.

gen1dustin

I'm planning a 55g aggresive also. It's being based aroung a dwarf zebra lion. I plan on also having 2 tomato or GSM clowns. I was also thinking a wrasse or two & maybe like a lizard blenny since they're big.

blizz75

Alright the trigger grows to a foot long. The tank is only 13" wide!!!!! that would be pretty mean and the bleeny might get chewed on. My old snowflake ate a couple of 5" glass minnows the second i droped them in the tank. You could try it but i think my other suggestions would work better.
Gen1Dustin - You might not want to get a wrasse they get kinda big and ive seen them tear fish apart at my LFS. And what is a lizard bleeny?The dwarf and GSMs would work well. then maybe get a blue spot puffer or other toby. they are pretty cool when there a swimmin.

gen1dustin

Originally Posted by blizz75
Gen1Dustin - You might not want to get a wrasse they get kinda big and ive seen them tear fish apart at my LFS. And what is a lizard bleeny?The dwarf and GSMs would work well. then maybe get a blue spot puffer or other toby. they are pretty cool when there a swimmin.
I don't know everyone else has told me a wrasse would be fine & from what I've been reading they are quite peacful. Though a lot do get to big for a 55g, there is still a lot of them that only get from 3"-6". Which I plan on getting one around that size. I'm liking the yellow flanked fairy wrasse a lot, which gets up to 4". A lizard blenny(Parapercis sp.) also known as a yellow bar sand perch. It comes from the Indo-Pacific, has an elongated body that is black, gray, & white. I don't want a puffer because they aren't reef compatible the same reason I was turned off on dwarf angels.

blizz75

OHH, i didnt kno you wanted reef, your in the aggressive forum. Sorry, yeaf there are reef wrasse that would be cool. Get a good sized one because them lions got big mouths. i would do tomato clowns then, they got nice colors. Or bluestripe there the coolest in my opinion. As for the lion they eat inverts so you might want to think again about one. sorry for the mix up.

gnorman

A rectangular trigger would fit for life. They max out around 10 inches if I'm not mistaken.
isnt that still too big for a 55 gallon tank.... i thought all triggers will outgrow a 55? am i mistaken?

torno

People have kept undulated triggers by themselves in 55 gallon tanks. They need to be the only inhabitant not only because of their size, but because of their aggression. They will literally kill anything you try to put with them. Maybe not when they're small, but when they get big.
In my 55 gallon, I'm keeping a female spotted boxfish, (maxing out at 6"), a bristletooth tomini tang, and a leopard wrasse. Some people wouldn't put tangs in a 55, but they kole tangs and bristletooths are the smallest of the tangs, and I believe it can be done.
With a snowflake eel and a dwarf lion, you'll be closed to being fully stocked. Maybe a dwarf angel would work too. There are many beautiful ones available that can stand their ground.

gen1dustin

Originally Posted by blizz75
OHH, i didnt kno you wanted reef, your in the aggressive forum. Sorry, yeaf there are reef wrasse that would be cool. Get a good sized one because them lions got big mouths. i would do tomato clowns then, they got nice colors. Or bluestripe there the coolest in my opinion. As for the lion they eat inverts so you might want to think again about one. sorry for the mix up.

No problem I kinda thought that's what you were thinking. I know the lions will eat inverts, but I think things like snails, hermits, & stars should be fine. Actually I'm doing a refugium just so I can et me a few shrimp since I like them so much, but the lion will eat them.

dmitry

No Triggers in a 55!!! You can keep a Dwarf Lion, a Dwarf Angel, a toby Puffer, one of the agressive Clowns. I have a Bicolor Blenny and he's large enough that I don't think the Lion will eat him. He hasn't so far! A medium Wrasse (like a Fairy) might do well also.