6 line wrasse injured/sick

cocoboy821

hey y'all!
I have a 6 line wrasse that has injured himself somehow. I thought it was a scrape last week & wasnt that worried about it, but when I came back from visiting some friends outta town, it had grown and has red outlining it. It looks like a bacteria infection around his scrape, but why would the scrape be looking larger? It looks deep too, the red is surrounding white. He is swimming around like normal, just today I noticed him slowing down a little.
The tank is 4, close to 5, years old. The last water change was the week before Thanksgiving. The water was last checked last month (winces.. i know..
) since i'm gone to college my parents usually check it right before a water change, except the kH and calcium, those get checked every other week.
I'm not near our book that has the numbers written down, but as far as I remember
pH 8.3
Ammonia 0
Trates 0-5
Trites .1-.3
calcium 400 something
kH 140
salinity 1.023-5
I was hoping someone would be able to tell me some medicine I can grab for wrassie since me and my parents are heading to the city tomorrow. I wish i could put up a picture for y'all, and I'll try, but there's no guarentee. I know one would help tho.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Your tank should have zero nitrites. Why does it have nitrites?
Maracyn Two for SW fish is the preferable antibiotics, however, you can not dose your display tank with antibiotics. Treatment can only be done is cycled quarantine tank.
This sounds like aggression to me. Can you post a good digital picture of the problem area?