60g equipment ideas

bpro32

Ok so I am going to start a 60g fowlr soon and want to ask opinons on equipment. It is drilled and comes with a ~45g sump/fuge.
I'm thinking of going with either an octopus nw 150 or an asm g1 with recirculating mod. Both are fs used on my local reef site. Octo is $60 and asm is $40.
for lighting I'll go t5 just because I have some bulbs/ballasts laying around.
This tank is going to be set up around a dwarf lion and i'm not sure what to do about the flow. I'm going to run it bare bottom and I want to run a mj1200 along the bottom of the tank so detrius doesn't build up too much. I hear if you hack off the end you get more flow and a wider spread. (not sure how this works) Also I'll have about 500gph on the return after head loss and maybe a k2? That seems like enough circulation right?
Also what does everyone think about tank mates for a dwarf lion? Maybe you guys can think of something I haven't thought of yet.
THANKS!

aquaguy24

I'd go asm g1. 2-karallia#2. T5 is more then enough for a fowlr tank. As for tank mate, u can do some type of dwarf angel(bigger then the lion), other scorpionfishes, butterfly fishes, large clowns like maroon or tomato. Stay away from puffers, triggers, large angel. They nip and tank to small.