700 Billion dollar idea is GONE!!!

ilovemytank

Your fish are now worth more. The LFS won't carry as much selections because people won't be going out to buy as much. Then everyone along the money path will have to slightly increase price to make up for quantity sales. Therfore making the fish you currently own bring a little more money than they would have a month ago. Good thing they're already paid for !

candycane

Originally Posted by m0nk
http:///forum/post/2773885
I think this should probably be in The Aquarium section.
It's meant to be a joke. I can kind of understand why the "bailout" got vetoed, but then again I kinda wonder what's going to happen to the economy.

sharkbait9

Originally Posted by candycane
http:///forum/post/2773984
It's meant to be a joke. I can kind of understand why the "bailout" got vetoed, but then again I kinda wonder what's going to happen to the economy.
OH GOD DOES THIS KILL ME TO SAY THIS........
but yeah admin or the mods should move this into the aquarium.
A thread like this has the potential to flood.
Its going to be a long and tight year, year and a half to start.
After that well I see a depression coming our way soon and china buying up a lot of our debt.
Which stinks cause I can’t even say the Chinese word on the back of my fortune cookie.
Russia will soon be calling our bluff and just one big P-OED country.
But that’s me. I’m sure some political scholar will step in and break it down into easy digestible words to help you put your head on the pillow at night.

sharkbait9

Originally Posted by stdreb27
http:///forum/post/2774141
2 words
Chicken little
who me? What i posted up above? thatsall you hear. If you want my answer to the whole thing it would have to be PM -ed cause i i have a feeling a lot of members would not like my answer.

stdreb27

Originally Posted by sharkbait9
http:///forum/post/2774157
who me? What i posted up above? thatsall you hear. If you want my answer to the whole thing it would have to be PM -ed cause i i have a feeling a lot of members would not like my answer.
Not just you. This whole "crisis". I'd be curious as to why you say what you say if you care to. If you do want to, pm me.

grubsnaek

thats sad that we'll have to live through this, and possible see other countrys start trying to strong arm us on the way by......

nwdyr

we allowed the Gov. to do this to us.....we only have ourselves to blame. I had a business partner steal 250k from me in a restaurant deal....he is a scumbag and in jail for what he did ,but in the end we all have to take responsibility for what happens to us. Some day there will be a revolution in this country,,,,,who said that????

S

saltycrab

Look for a big sell off tomorrow and more bank failures this week. Congress is good for one thing, getting voted out.
They need to pass the bill and make the terms looser so that it REALLY IS a bail out. The dollar needs to be devalued so that we lesson our dept and current account deficit. If things keep going the way they are (which I think will happen), unemployment is going to get out of hand and many companies that are huge but not very successful (FORD, GM, Circuit City) will shut their doors.

scrombus2

It's these banks' own fault they're failing, for writing loans to poeple who they knew would default-so the banks could take possession of real estate that at the time was selling for a profit. Remember the housing boom a few years ago? Now we, as taxpayers, are bailing them out of their own mess? Some will say the bailout is to protect deposits, but that's what the FDIC is for.Unfortunately, I'm in the kitchen remodeling business and my family is really hurting financially. So, as we cut back on our expenses, guess what's gonna go in the first round of cuts? That's right- the tanks....

sharkbait9

Originally Posted by nwdyr
http:///forum/post/2774747
we allowed the Gov. to do this to us.....we only have ourselves to blame. in the end we all have to take responsibility for what happens to us. Some day there will be a revolution in this country,,,,,who said that????

In a nut shell this is what i would say..... but i would add lame ducks who sit home and cry and complain but do little about it but expect everyone else to fix the problem. Kind of like passing the buck, thinking "ah everyone else will do something" Or the dumb mo**** fu***** sh**** bags who follow and believed and eat ever crap filled spooned feed to them by our government.
Our stock broker and accountant saw this coming a mile away, like almost every other good accountant and pulled our money out and sold before we lost our shirts.
Now we have our money sitting in a low yield fund and other investments.
BUT THE MO**** F***ER STATE INVESTERS WORKING FOR THIS S** HOLE OF A STATE I LIVE IN invested 180 million of our pension money in Lehman brothers. Ironically enough the two dips*** c***bags worked for Lehman brothers prior to get a lazy seat job for NJ.
Yes, I blame ever idiot who sat on their hands and did not do a god**** thing.
Or the greedy scum F*** who had to have a seven hundred thousand dollar house but yet only making 30k a year and the shmuck

[hr]
banker who said yes to a seven hundred thousand dollar house to the jerk who only makes 30k
Or the greedy a** towns who send out their tax assessor who bloat house and property value to make up for the state aid they are not getting and then the idiot buyers who bought a house they can’t afford but yet the

[hr]
companies in turn jack their

[hr]
up because of the new tax assessment. or the jacka** realtors who bloat house values up like a deer tick because everyone qualifies for a

[hr]
with “all this excess money laying around” and they fault on their

[hr]
. but yet every month my payment goes out to pay for what we could afford and yet live within our means and still enjoy life and our hobbys. I could go on but I’m not. This little rant alone will probably get me some more infraction points or suspended for how ever long one of these board jockys feels fit.
So as you can read this, this is why I don’t get into these politic driven threads. Me and my wife work pay our taxes invest for our future and I get some greedy CEO d*** bags with these golden parachutes after they drive company’s into the ground that’s been around for a hundred years. Oh and that circus chimp of a president who is on bended knees begging for the bail out to go thru, Go pound salt. I hope each everyone of those greedy CEOs scum suckers gets the worst disease known to man and chokes on their own vomit after drinking all night partying of the American peoples dollar.
Hhmmm I feel better

sharkbait9

Originally Posted by Ilovemytank
http:///forum/post/2774817
So....Hows erveryones fish doing ?
Just trying to bring the fun to a horrible outcome. I agree with all of you.
lol, my fish are living high on the hog. Just got done feeding with four cubes of mysis, krill and a chunk of rods and three sheets per tank of sea weed.

darthtang aw

Originally Posted by sharkbait9
http:///forum/post/2774834
In a nut shell this is what i would say..... but i would add lame ducks who sit home and cry and complain but do little about it but expect everyone else to fix the problem. Kind of like passing the buck, thinking "ah everyone else will do something" Or the dumb mo**** fu***** sh**** bags who follow and believed and eat ever crap filled spooned feed to them by our government.
Our stock broker and accountant saw this coming a mile away, like almost every other good accountant and pulled our money out and sold before we lost our shirts.
Now we have our money sitting in a low yield fund and other investments.
BUT THE MO**** F***ER STATE INVESTERS WORKING FOR THIS S** HOLE OF A STATE I LIVE IN invested 180 million of our pension money in Lehman brothers. Ironically enough the two dips*** c***bags worked for Lehman brothers prior to get a lazy seat job for NJ.
Yes, I blame ever idiot who sat on their hands and did not do a god**** thing.
Or the greedy scum F*** who had to have a seven hundred thousand dollar house but yet only making 30k a year and the shmuck

[hr]
banker who said yes to a seven hundred thousand dollar house to the jerk who only makes 30k
Or the greedy a** towns who send out their tax assessor who bloat house and property value to make up for the state aid they are not getting and then the idiot buyers who bought a house they can’t afford but yet the

[hr]
companies in turn jack their

[hr]
up because of the new tax assessment. or the jacka** realtors who bloat house values up like a deer tick because everyone qualifies for a

[hr]
with “all this excess money laying around” and they fault on their

[hr]
. but yet every month my payment goes out to pay for what we could afford and yet live within our means and still enjoy life and our hobbys. I could go on but I’m not. This little rant alone will probably get me some more infraction points or suspended for how ever long one of these board jockys feels fit.
So as you can read this, this is why I don’t get into these politic driven threads. Me and my wife work pay our taxes invest for our future and I get some greedy CEO d*** bags with these golden parachutes after they drive company’s into the ground that’s been around for a hundred years. Oh and that circus chimp of a president who is on bended knees begging for the bail out to go thru, Go pound salt. I hope each everyone of those greedy CEOs scum suckers gets the worst disease known to man and chokes on their own vomit after drinking all night partying of the American peoples dollar.
Hhmmm I feel better

So, what exactly are you saying?

sharkbait9

Originally Posted by scott79
http:///forum/post/2775771
freak out much sharkbait? haha
lol, well not really. When I keep being inundated by “republicans did this demarcates did that“, it gets old quick. If people stopped being so self involved and so self righteous and have this self entitlement and started to pay attention to what was going on outside their front door and started to demand their local and state government to start acting in way that served the COMMUNITY and not the government officials would be a step in the right direction. My other question that I have always posed was “why all the Mcmansions starting in the low 6 hundred thousands, How many areas around you are building moderate sized homes? Three bed room 2 bath, that’s a condo in NJ not a home with property.
As to me, my wife and I take care of our selves and that’s it. We don’t bother getting involved with what the other people are doing or what the other people have. I’m sorry but when a person who lives in a trailer and makes 20k a year but “wants a piece of the American dream” but can’t afford it, then oh well, to bad, get a better job.
But oh no, not since that J-OFF Clinton and his administration leaning on fanny and freddy to stretch the mor tgage lending policy to low income and minority income who can’t afford the American dream, but well give it to them anyway and let the other hardworking people pay.
I read an article today that almost made me smash a flat shovel into someone face, “stating that this country runs on credit and with our credit the economy will crumble“.
What the F happened to people living with in their means and not using plastic for everything? What happened to the vomit inducing feeling going to a bank and hoping you qualify for a home loan NOT for how much or hoping you can get a car loan NOT hoping to get the escalade or the hummer.
Its kind of simple really either you have or you don’t, the choice is yours. You can make money or don’t.
Its unfortunate but people are not entitled to the “American dream” People have to earn it.
I’ll put it to others like this, You break your butt everyday to pay your bills scrape and scratch and claw your way to own the “home of your dreams” right? you just got done sweating blood for your home with the white picket fence and some scrub who makes 25-30k gets handed a loan to the house next door and runs that house into the ground with tall grass, old cars, beer cans and kegs laying around and just plain outright doesn’t give a crap about his neighbor or the house because they were handed the loan and did not have to EARN THE RIGHT TO OWN HIS HOUSE. So the start of the downward spiral starts that your scumbag neighbors house gets foreclosed and the next house and the next and the list of foreclosed homes gets bigger. So now the number of homes on the market goes up your house goes down in value and the town needs money so your still in your house so they tax you death.
See how some poor scrub who just had to have the American dream gave you the shaft.
Now I don’t put the blame the scrub entirely, I blame the predator loan officer how gave the scrub the idea that sure 6 hundred thousand house with a 8 hundred thousand loan to buy their furniture, new cars, pool and again in the end its got to be paid back or that loan paper gets unloaded to another bank and it never ends.
Lol, Geez now I’m all P-O-ed again.
Originally Posted by jennythebugg

http:///forum/post/2775723
wow sharkbait , if thats how you really feel...
Oh no, lol that’s just taste of how I feel.

sharkbait9

Originally Posted by Darthtang AW
http:///forum/post/2775825
So, what exactly are you saying?
what???? you wanna give me a stroke.
If Clinton did not bleed for every lazy low paying employee back in 95 this whole problem could have been avoided with the housing market and worthless paper deeds. Supply and demand. Everyone gets loan for a house so home prices go up. The more homes that are needed the better the price.
Well your high brow homes are no longer high brow so welcome Mcmansions and now that’s all that is being built.