72" Aqualight power compact for sale in No. Va.

anonome

I have a 72" Aqualight with 2 96w 10,000k bulbs , 2 96w actinic bulbs, and 6 lunar lights for sale. Custom mounting legs to sit on top of the tank. This is for pick-up only....unless you pay for shipping. I have no box to fit this in. It is in very good condition, but the acrylic lens has cracked during my move. Still useable for sure. I am asking $125.00. The daylights are only 3 months old, but the actinics should be replaced.
Pics.... First pic shows all lights working, second with just the actinics and moonlights.
This is an excellent light for softies, and LPS tanks.

anonome

The light was purchased in Feb. 2006, and used for about 13-14 months. I got into more light intensive coral, and clams and needed another set-up. This is a very clean light, and nothing in the working parts are damaged, just the lens cover. I haven't looked into the cost of a new lens cover, but being acrylic I don't see this being that expensive. If it were to be put in a hood, you may not need to replace the cover. But, sitting on the tank it will be needed.
I checked on the USPS website, with weight and size of package, shipped 5 day delivery it wil run right around $20.00. Not a bad deal, but, I have no way of boxing it so I will have to go to a parcel packaging place to have them do this. I am willing to ship it if you pay a total of $25, and I will pay the rest.

anonome

This is a great light. Don't let this one pass you by, only to have to spend the $398.00 original price later.

anonome

The price for shipping will hold for anyone. I would rather lose on shipping cost than have to stare at a perfectly good light with nothing to use it on. $25.00 shipped.

A

arlene1995

Originally Posted by Anonome
http:///forum/post/2687135
The price for shipping will hold for anyone. I would rather lose on shipping cost than have to stare at a perfectly good light with nothing to use it on. $25.00 shipped.

Is that just shipping or the complete light and shipping together?

forddna

Question - do each of the types of lights have their own cord, so you can separate them on timers? Or, where is the switch for each...on the side or back/front? And please clarify that last post, re $25 shipped. Did you mean JUST the shipping???

anonome

Originally Posted by forddna
http:///forum/post/2688737
Question - do each of the types of lights have their own cord, so you can separate them on timers? Or, where is the switch for each...on the side or back/front? And please clarify that last post, re $25 shipped. Did you mean JUST the shipping???
The price of the light is $125.00 plus $25.00 shipping.
There are 3 cords....one to the actinics, one to the daylights, and one to the moonlights. The powerswitches are on the back of the light (3). Sorry for any confusion. According to my scale, bathroom scale LOL, it weighs 19 lbs, but is bulky, so the shipping is going to cost a pretty penny. But, like I said, I will have it professionally packaged and shipped the cheapest I can to anywhere for $25.00. (On top of the $125.00)
This light is seriously an excellent light, but the lens cover will need to be replaced. When I moved the movers broke the acrylic. Jerks!! Never even told me. I found this out when moving it from the garage, to the basement. I questioned them, and of course....don't recall.
My bad for not checking it out. I had so many things going in so many directions.
I can honestly say though that this light is in great condition except for this.

anonome

Not the performance, but will if not replaced. If the lens is not replaced and sat on the tank, the splatter from the water will get into the connections of the light and then the light will malfunction. I strongly recommend that it be replaced. If the light is placed above the water, say 5-7 inches, like in a canopy, it could be glued back together and could possibly be ok. The best thing would be to replace it.
I will consider best offers if in doubt.