72 bowfront 6 1/2 months

iceemn360

hey..
for the live rock I usually place either large pieces of bulk rock or ugly long flat pieces of live rock as the base. (make sure they are well places so that the excavation of sandifting organisms doesn't shift them ) From there, use your creativity with arcing rocks and spaces. Mine was created so that the center of the rockwork is like the edge of a reef before a drop off. U can use bulk rock to fill in any gaps. I have mainly fiji live rock with a coulple coral heads and others mixed in.

iceemn360

anoher thing hopkins, I'm trying to glue some small rocks and capricornis corals tot he overflow. If you feel that the overflow needs some "texture" that would be a cool way to experiment.

hopkins6

Ya that would be a good idea, when my montipora gets bigger or when i get some kind of acropora i'll try that. Have u done it.?

kjord97

here is my tank 45 gal reef. going to be moving it to a 125 gallon this weekend. just to the wise, you have a nice pic of your clown goby sitting on top of your clam. they are known to kill clams by laying eggs in there mantel. :thinking: just so you know. but beautiful tank. i am 25 by the way

kjord97

the electric flame scallop is not that hard to keep. i use to have one till my emerald crab nocked off a rock and crushed the poor guy. i did not even have to take him out though. over night and the clean up crews took care of him,
and my clown goby made a new home in his shell. to my advice i have seen several people keep them in there refuguims. the scallop will live off of the critters and stuff in the refugium. :thinking: ps if you just drop them in the reef tank, they will find a dark spot to anchor there foot. doing this they may disturb your rock work, as mine knocked over some of my rock work a few times before he settled in.
but i had him for about 6 months, i just gave marine snow and cyclopeezze to the tank for my filter feeders.

adhall

I also have a 72 bow. Your tank looks awesome! About how much $$ a month do you spend on maintenance? Also what skimmer do you use? Thanks.

hagfish

Cherub Angel (the bully)
2 lyretail Anthias
2 Percula clowns
Blue tang
Yellow tang
neon goby
2 royal ramma
a six line wrasse
4 green clown gobies
1 atlantic chromis
3 blue green chromis
I agree that you have a nice tank. But man you have a lot of fish in there. Looks like 1" for every 2 gallon once everything is full grown. That's fresh water style! It is a 72 with about a 30 gallon sump correct? If so, that's exactly what I've got. I wouldn't feel safe putting that many fish in there though. Do you have any trouble keeping levels down? It looks like you've added a couple mandarins too, is that right?
BTW, not trying to bash, just curious because I would certainly like to get more fish, but am concerned about overstocking.

feixjai

very nice tank iceemn. i have a question. how did your clown gobies get along? did you just get them all at one time? or did you take time to add them in? i want a pair of clown gobies but my friend told me that they will fight until one or the other dies. btw im 13

jhebi

Just want to say......DAMMMMMM
You young kids know how to set up beatifull tanks, I am amazed of the set ups and beauty that you guys made on your tanks......BEAUTIFULL....
I guess when you old you loose imagination :notsure:
hehehehe
Keep it up guys.....I am 32 by the way