75 Gallon finally up and running

juice_1080

Just got this set up about 2-3 weeks ago. Transferred my 29g and the inhabitants of my 5.5g as well.
Custom built Stand and Sump by me.
Specs:
75g AGA Megaflow tank
29g Sump
Octopus NW150 Skimmer
Mag 9.5 Pump
T5HO 8x54w w/ individual reflectors and moonlights
Stealth 250w heater
60#LS 55#Dry
70#LR 20#Dry
2 GSM Clowns
Yellow Watchman Goby
Tiger Pistol Shrimp
Peppermint Shrimp
SLF Crab
Nass and Astrea Snails
Blue Leg Hermits
Crocea Clam
Various Corals
Let me know what you think about it. I know I still need to build up a bit more rock but that will come with more money.

fishkid13

Sounds good. I hope you have all of you rock just how you want them and all that you want. I had a problem when I didn't like my rockwork and had to move it and it scared my fish and made the tank cloudy for a few days,so just get it how you want it so you dont have the same problem. Will be following this.

juice_1080

I'm uploading pics right now and as soon as they get up on photobucket I will put them on here.
I am never happy with my rockwork and end up moving it every other month or so. My fish are used to it my clown actually swims circles around my hand when I get near "his toadstool".
My tank clears up the same day when I re-arrange it so that doesn't bother me.

H

heart & sole

tank and stand look nice. do you plan on adding more live rock to the tank?

juice_1080

Originally Posted by Heart & Sole
http:///forum/post/2702410
tank and stand look nice. do you plan on adding more live rock to the tank?
Whenever I can get back on track financially I will be adding more LR to the tank. This tank is far from done. There are only 3 fish in it as well. I still want to get a small school of fish that will cruise around all day.

biotank14

Nice tank! im setting up a 75 reef also. what brand light? how much did you pay? i need a light still. nice tank again.

juice_1080

Catalina....I spent 300 on it. Make sure if you are going for T-5's that they are High Output (for a 75g each bulb needs to be 54w) and that they are individually reflected.
Thanks for the complements. This weekend I will be picking up or ordering some new fish for it. Its kinda bare right now with just 2 clowns and a goby that hides most of the day.

juice_1080

Originally Posted by swnewb562
http:///forum/post/2739045
nice tank juice..keep up the good work..

Thanks everything is still going good for the most part. I have a new fish in QT right now that is going through hypo (ick), hasn't left his hiding spot, and has not ate in 2.5 weeks. Hopefully he will turn out ok though. I have never dealt with a hunger strike that lasted this long though. Normally they will eat something within a week or 2.