a few pics of my property

deejeff442

seeing its 30 degrees out and 40 mph winds i am bored .here is what i have been doing lately

here is the 20 by 20 gararge i built.you can see my clothes washer and dryer are working in it.also have my fridge and big freezer plus my fish tank in it

this is what we are living in right now.not bad for 2 people.we have 2 tv's with directv in it.

my house foundation .stamped concrete front porch its around 1080 sq ft living.but i decided to add 450 more sq ft .

about as far as i got now.the weather here has been terrible

deejeff442

metal building house but brick the front.still wood frame the inside with spray foam and of course drywall.the inside looks the same as a typical home just metal outside.its will be the same color as the gararge.dk. brown sides with copper roof and trim

deejeff442

its been really cold here.well for texas.the house will have 4 inches of spray foam insulation.plus i am putting in a wood burning fireplace.just cause the outside sheeting is metal dont affect the heat/ac .i hope to be in it by end of april the latest.yea Reef i have 5.5 acres 350 feet by 700 deep or something like that.took me 3 months to fence it in myself.its coming along .plus the fack that i am paying cash and calling a ton of favors in from friends in construction for this.i can do most of it myself .but drywall/insulation is paid for...i stamped the guys pool deck a huge job in trade.plumbing also.my good friend does heat and a/c so thats at cost.yep no mortgage when i am done .so i will have plenty of cash to build an awesome fish tank plus i want to but a better grand piano.oh yea my wife wants a bit horse stall for the 3 horses.yep gunna be busy for a while.spring of 2014 an inground pool ... gotta keep the wife happy

reefraff

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejeff442 http:///t/394411/a-few-pics-of-my-property#post_3510680
its been really cold here.well for texas.the house will have 4 inches of spray foam insulation.plus i am putting in a wood burning fireplace.just cause the outside sheeting is metal dont affect the heat/ac .i hope to be in it by end of april the latest.yea Reef i have 5.5 acres 350 feet by 700 deep or something like that.took me 3 months to fence it in myself.its coming along .plus the fack that i am paying cash and calling a ton of favors in from friends in construction for this.i can do most of it myself .but drywall/insulation is paid for...i stamped the guys pool deck a huge job in trade.plumbing also.my good friend does heat and a/c so thats at cost.yep no mortgage when i am done .so i will have plenty of cash to build an awesome fish tank plus i want to but a better grand piano.oh yea my wife wants a bit horse stall for the 3 horses.yep gunna be busy for a while.spring of 2014 an inground pool ... gotta keep the wife happy
I am debt free but I wouldn't hesitate to finance right now with money being so cheap. The important thing is not getting deeper in than you can afford to pay off. We are looking for a vacation/retirement place now and I plan on financing. I can make more than the interest in the market so I'll leave the cash their.

deejeff442

smart guy.no more mortgage.i am sucking it up in my rv (which is pretty big and no so bad) but i am only 43 and by 45 no bills but my utilities.i feel there is a nice shop in the back of my property and a hot rod in my future

al&burke

Man that is totally awesome, I think that is a great way to build a house. You have to keep the pictures coming as you go along, please.

deejeff442

lol lois yea still need a light .problem is i have my 250 tank empty outside.i am running a 4 foot tank in that gararge and it looks horrible right now.but the fish are hanging in there .maybe 2 months and if you still have it i will come for it.
no this isnt a kit .all from scratch.it really isnt that hard to build.did all the welding with my little mig welder.we put the trusses up with my friends huge tractor.still have the front over hang porch one to go but ran out of daylight that day.i can build a whole house myself except a/c dont know that part.plumbing and electric is no problem i wired the gararge and put a 220 going to the rv from my temporary electric poll.one of the first things i did was putthe water well in .i did pay for that $5000 great cash price to a friend. if i dont know something i have a friend only a call away.by the time this house is done i figure without the septic and water .it will be 1550 sq ft and cost me around 30k.so doing it myself and calling in friends to help for bbq and beer saved me probably 50k.i have been planning and working on this for over 2 years.it will be worth it when its done.the master bed is 14 by 21 with a big bath and 11 by 11 closet.the livingroom is 18 by 21 ,the kitchen 12 by 17,the 2nd bed is 15 by 17 with another bath and 6 by 8 closet.i drew the plans myself and its looking right on.funny part is 5 months ago i figured it would be done by now

meowzer

LOL....Just teasing you Jeff.....sometimes I forget I even have it.....BUT YES....it is still there
We have a 31' camper that IF WE HAD TO, we could live in....NO TANKS THO....HAHA...

deejeff442

this one is a toy trailer 34 foot.so its alot bigger in the back no bunk beds.the bed in the back lifts to the ceiling and it is all open space.we have two upright dressers for clothes and next to it my home computer with a captin chair.out bird cage and a big couch.its really not bad in here.

reefraff

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejeff442 http:///t/394411/a-few-pics-of-my-property#post_3510796
this one is a toy trailer 34 foot.so its alot bigger in the back no bunk beds.the bed in the back lifts to the ceiling and it is all open space.we have two upright dressers for clothes and next to it my home computer with a captin chair.out bird cage and a big couch.its really not bad in here.
What brand is the trailer?

deejeff442

weekend warrior ....billet edition.2007 year.the shower is a bit small but it has a full kitchen and master bedroom with TV.pretty small to live in but a real monster to go camping in.it also has satellite search .so anywhere i go it has TV.it has remove able tables in the living room.its actually pretty nice.

al&burke

SOunds like it is going to be a nice place, meant no offense by asking if it was a kit home. Can't wait to see what you are going to do. Keep us posted.

reefraff

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejeff442 http:///t/394411/a-few-pics-of-my-property#post_3510812
weekend warrior ....billet edition.2007 year.the shower is a bit small but it has a full kitchen and master bedroom with TV.pretty small to live in but a real monster to go camping in.it also has satellite search .so anywhere i go it has TV.it has remove able tables in the living room.its actually pretty nice.
I Have a 29 foot Sierra that wouldn't be bad to live in if we had to. The hauler area would make a nice living room.