A new start. 14 gal BioCube. Auto top-off question.

meleerock

After a little over 3 years, I am going to get back into the hobby. I had an amazing 14 gal BioCube that was flourishing until I had to move. None of my corals took well to the move and for the most part ended up dying out
. Now, I am starting to take the plunge to set up the tank again with a fresh start, hopefully with no loss this time as it was heartbreaking. Here is a pic of what my tank used to look like. I hope I can get it back to how beautiful it was, and maybe even exceed that.

Luckily, I kept all of my equipment so getting my tank up and running won't cost too much. You can check out the diary of my old set-up here which has all my specs and info on my fuge mod, 70w MH Sunpod, ect: https://forums.saltwaterfish.com/t/279526/melees-new-biocube-14-tank-diary-pics
I did have a quick question though. I will probably try to setup a auto top-off system to my tank since it's an open top and gets quite a bit of evaporation. Has anyone used one for this size tank? What are you using and where did you install it?
I am looking forward to jumping back into the forum again after such a long break! Also, thanks in advance for all your input!
Happy Reefing!

snakeblitz33

All I can say is, welcome back. That old tank looked amazing. I hope that you can get it back looking just as good.
For ATO on such a small tank, you'de be looking at a dosing pump and a sensor. When the water gets too low, the sensor tells the pump to kick on. For that, you'de need to buy one of those kits they sell on some other website. lol! If you have a side sump in the back of the tank, that's where the sensor would need to be put.
I hope I gave you a starting point. lol. Maybe some other people will join in now that I gave you a bump. :D