Accidentally got two anemones

squiddly

After my BTA pried off the skimmer basket and protective sponge from my maxijet 1200, I was not going to replace him or get new anemones until I had solved it, and had let the tanks mature a bit more. Instead, when I went to a LFS, I completely bypassed the anemones and found myself a nice little coral rock for my aquapod 24. When I was putting it in my tank, I noticed two tiny green critters on the rock. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could identify these guys for me, and give me an idea how best to feed the tiny critters. one is about 1/4 inch and one is about 1/2 an inch across. If they start moving towards powerheads, I'm going to be really upset.

dea_mt

i'm not sure but i think that may be majano. a type of pest anemone but i'm not sure so bump!!!

debbie

Yep that is a majano. They are IMO an eye sore to a tank. I was given one by our LFS and let me tell you they spread everywhere, glass, filters, heaters etc. Luckily mine did not have the chance to do that as I removed it before any of that took place.
I wish I would have taken a picture of it at the LFS to show how awful they really do look in a tank. But others might really like these. I just think they are an eye sore to look at.
I found them easy to remove from the live rock with a good sharp knife and make sure you get it all.