Aiptasia is "gone", pretty much

nordy

I had a huge aiptasia problem earlier this year in my 55 gal reef tank and after ordering and using Aiptasia X, I don't have the infestation anymore. It's still there, a few individuals in different locations, but it is as if it has reached some kind of balance with the other inhabitants in the tank. I have to look real hard to find even a handful of individuals and it has been months since I have had to break out the syringe.
The rest of the tank is thriving-zoas, shrooms, hard corals, shrimp, snails, and fish.
Have any of y'all had this result with aiptasia, where it kind of went away on its own? Appreciate the feedback!

posiden

I wouldn't relax on the situation. The fact that there are still a few in your tank means that you could get infested again real fast. I would grab a peppermint shrimp or two and let them keep them under control. Just don't feed the tank heavy and the shrimp will always be on the look out for their second food source. You can feed the same amount just don't feed it all at once. Let the fish eat it up and then give a little more food.

Also don't be dooped by the false shrimp. Make sure you get the real ones.

nordy

Thanks for the feedback-I have cut down substantially on the feeding the last few months (my canister filter broke and I used to feed heavy and then clean up the water after each feeding with a new paper cartridge) and I do have a peppermint shrimp so maybe it's been helping me with the aiptasia. i did finbd a colony in the overflow box last night so I smoked 'em good!