Alaskan Marine Life

hopkins6

I went on vacation to Alaska and this is what I found in the tital pools on the rocks. The water was cold but the pools were worm because they had been sitting out in the sun for a long time. You guys better be thankfull I got these because I slipped alot and got my foot soaked. jk lol. These pictures were taken in Sitka, Alaska.
Here is some Algae and stuff

hopkins6

Sorry sorry. My floppy is not cooperating with me, as soon as I fix it (hopefully), I'll have some pictures up. Sorry

hopkins6

One thing I noticed was that even in the cold water there is polyps and coraline and anemones that are just in a different form.

hopkins6

When you put your finger in those anemones the would stick to you. Those stars I think are called Ocra stars but i'm not sure.

f1shman

That is crazy, literally last night I was thinking, what lives in the ocean in alaska? And there you go! you've answered it for me! lol

55gsw

Those are excellent photos, thanks for sharing them!!! :D Got anymore? I especially like those anemone pics.....beautiful colors on them!!

hopkins6

Well I got the pictures working so here you go. In the second pic there is some coraline looking stuff.