algae clean up crew

bimm3rb0y

what are good inverts to get to help get rid of green algae? i have grean algae growing on my sand bed so just wondering what kind of clean up crew does the job 110%...

buckster71

Make sure that you include sand sifters and get enough water flow around your sand.
Mine looked like a christmas tree in the beginning of my salt water adventure. Now it is looking much better.

meathead

Sandsifters work great for me. I've also used sea hares which are like a Hoover vacuum cleaner when it comes to eating algae, but they don't live long. Yellow tangs are effective too. There's a snail that's supposed to be effective, but I can't remember the name of it. Also consider using Chemiclean.
How old is your tank? Has it cycled? Have you checked for phosphorus?

snakeblitz33

check your nitrates, phosphates etc. Make sure that you have enough flow around your aquarium. Also, make sure that your lights are on for a max photo period of 12 hours. Chemiclean is your last hope!
If your aquarium is still cycling, then don't worry about it, it will all work out. Make sure that it isn't hair algae or batafora, that can get out of hand.
Good luck!