All-Glass Aquarium lighting...

b_ball12_99

I have duel strip 40 watt bulb set made by All-Glass Aquarium. Talking with my LFS I asked about PC and VHO. He told me his experience was that VHO bulbs cost a lot and don't last long. He said with PC lights on my 75 gallon he would recemmend 3-4 strips. He said that these lights that I got will work if I add another duel strip when I want corals if I do (and it will probably end up happening). Will this lighting work that I have? It has aluminum reflectors. Good or bad? Don't know what corals I would get but would be whatever the lfs carriers. If this works I'll be sure to ask about corals and my lighting before adding.

jond

That is the type of reply you would get from someone that either a. Doesn't sell VHO or b. Has experience with old ballest VHO. I have a Icecap 660 ballest with 3-24" bulbs on a 37gal. The lights run very cool, have great color, and the bulbs are rated to last at least 13 months.
Do a search on Icecap and they will have a listing of the distributor. At there site they have good info on VHO if you havn't checked them out.