Allardi Clownfish

shista

Hi everyone,, i havent been on the boards in a while because i havent had any problems in a while!! recently my true percula clownfish dissapeared!! All my paramaters are good and i have a firefish, rainfords goby, and a midas blenny... I have no idea why he died/dissapeared, i am assuming he got eaten or got caught somewhere.. I want a new clown in my tank because i loved the old one,,, i found a good deal on a Allardi clown; anyone know if this is a good choice? he is about 2.5 in..

mr. limpid

Clowns are very hardy fish I would be concerned as to why it died. Was it acting normal, eating ok? As for the Allardi, I like clowns with that type of body, except Tomato body style clowns. so yes that is a good chose,

shista

i still find it a mystery why the first clown died.. the only thing was that he was really wierd to begin with... he always slept like a floating dead fish,, he always took a minute to realize there was food in the tank, he was just a clown.. The other thing is that he had a few small black spots which i read up to be some sort of stings

mr. limpid

If the clown was a wild caught there are so many problems that can happen that is out of your control of why it died. Once they leave the ocean they go threw a lot of stress, poor water condition, lack of food and the long ride. Just to name a few. Definitely not your fault, I have lost a few from reasons I can't explain.