am I greedy

carter3

Hello I'm just starting my 55 gallon tank. I want to keep it simple but I want several different fish. I've reserched the subject, but still some confusion one person say yes another says no, give me your suggestions. Once my tank has cycled and I can keep dansels for a while, I would like to go more aggressive.
1. Lion (darwf)
2. grouper unknown 4 now
3. eel (sfe or ghost )
4. trigger (black)
5. tang (blue hippo)
6. 50 lb. live Fiji rocks
7. a coulple of in expensive plants
8. a working
can all these live together happily. For the past couple of days all I can do is think about what would be best. Some time in the future I will go a lot bigger around 125 gallon please chime in with any feed back.

team2jndd

No. The niger trigger will eventually outgrow it and as will the blue hippo. The blue hippo will do so much faster than the niger trigger. Oh and as for the grouper, thats another tough one. Most groupers will more than outgrow your system. When I first had my 55 I bought a baby (1" max) panther thinking I could have him for a few years before he outgrew it, he was 7 inches by the end of the second year. Lesson learned: don't buy a fish you can't house for its entire life. Otherwise your list looks good.

carter3

thanks for the input. I can leave off the tang but I must have a grouper any suggestion on what kind i can have that won't out grow the tank. and can i have a worker in their with these aggressive fish

hot883

Definate NO on the Tang and the grouper. I do not know of a grouper that will not stay under 1.5-2 feet. In a 13" wide tank, not to good.

renogaw

do not buy the grouper. Seriously.
it will get too big for your tank, plus eat other fish in your tank.

carter3

I reallllllly wanted a grouper maybe later when I get a bigger tank. I luv my fish almost al much as i luv my kids.