Am I ready for LPS?

fishfreak1242

Right now I've been starting out my reef tank pretty slowly with some zoos and rics and now I think I want to start getting some LPS. I'm pretty my tank can support them, it's a 75 gal tank with 2x175w metal halides and 2x55w t-5s. So is there anything to keeping LPS? Do I have to feed them or anything or do they get most of their diet from light like softies? What are some easy to keep LPS? I really like brains and acans. any advice would be appreciated.

jerryatrick

You have more than enough lighting for LPS so you are going to want to keep them low in the tank. LPS benefit from feeding but not all require it. IME duncans and candy canes/trumpets are very hardy and easy to care for. See how you do with them before you break the bank on acans.

fishfreak1242

Originally Posted by JerryAtrick
http:///forum/post/2896215
You have more than enough lighting for LPS so you are going to want to keep them low in the tank. LPS benefit from feeding but not all require it. IME duncans and candy canes/trumpets are very hardy and easy to care for. See how you do with them before you break the bank on acans.
Thanks. I think that I'll start with some candy canes.