An Easy and Cheap Way to Cure Ich (or ick) - My Adventure with 'Ich-Attack' by Kordon

T

tizzo

Powerheads! As much surface agitation as you can possibly get.
You will suffocate them without serious movement.

ntracy

Ok I took an old air pump and hooked it up to a spare wood cube for aeration and put it in the HOB just before the filtration.

T

tizzo

Did I read that your QT was only 20 gallons??
11 fish, 3 of them large, will not do well over the next 6 weeks.
Is there any way the LFS will hold some for you and you can QT them seperately?

ntracy

I already talked to all three of my LFS's and they can keep them, but they can't guarantee that they won't sell them because they'd have to put them in their DT's

T

tizzo

That may be in your best interest. in the next 2 weeks your gonna have the ammonia spike from hell!
That's very dangerous.
I would seriously consider cutting down as much as you can, treating, and then getting new fish and treating individually or in couples when this round is over.
Your risking loosing all of them.

ntracy

The twin didn't make it. Everyone else is fine. Swimming around and stuff. They all ate well (except for the twin spot) at 8pm when I fed them.
I also did a quick test on some of the levels:
Salinity 1.019
Ammonia 0
Nitrites 0
I added amquel this afternoon but this morning the nitrite and ammonia were both at .25. It's good to see they're back at 0.

spiderwoman

Originally Posted by Al Mc
http:///forum/post/2657332
I am a 'math/science' guy so your spelling looks good either way to me.
What are you, Spider, Beth and I doing posting at 10pm on a Saturday night?
We need to 'get a life'

I'm one of the computer geeks too, run both Mac and PC.
Anyways, I do need to get a life, that is for sure

Hubby is on the road (Sonoma, CA to be specific), my twins are bed and I'm too tired to program. I actually did go to bed before 11pm ET last night so I didn't get to join you guys for the party.

spiderwoman

Originally Posted by ntracy
http:///forum/post/2657626
Actually it's a goby...
Twinspot Goby
Sorry you lost the Goby. Beautiful specimen! I have a similar one paired up with a pistol shrimp. I have a Tomiyama Shrimp Goby (also known as Monster Goby)

ntracy

Well we're on day 3 and no deaths since the twin spot goby. Salinity is down to 1.016 at a constant 83 degrees.

sepulatian

http:///forum/post/2659889
Well we're on day 3 and no deaths since the twin spot goby. Salinity is down to 1.016 at a constant 83 degrees.
Good. You will have to bring the SG down to 1.009 for the treatment to begin to work. Be sure to watch your PH.

T

tizzo

And write it all on your calender!! It's my godsend!
Your bringing yours down, and I'm just now bringing mine up!

ntracy

Another interesting thing about my tanks is that all of my corals are doing REALLY well... I'm amazed at how fast and huge my plate coral has grown, in addition to some of my frogspawn... not to mention my rose bubble tip anemone is awesome looking. It looks like it's about to split... do anemones do that?

michaeltx

some anemones split yeah its not always good though they can also split as a deffence mechinism kind of a flight for survival thing. RBTA's are notorious for splitting though,
Mike

ntracy

salinity is between 1.012 and 1.013 - we're getting close... and everyone's doing fine. BTW my tank has been getting a little cloudy. Param's are all good, but I think it's the GVH garlic/vitamin stuff I've been using. I let it soak in with the food, and when I feed them, it slightly clouds the tank. Because I don't have a skimmer (just a HOB filter), I think the garlic and vitamins just hang out in the tank which probably isn't a bad thing, is it?

sepulatian

http:///forum/post/2661245
salinity is between 1.012 and 1.013 - we're getting close... and everyone's doing fine. BTW my tank has been getting a little cloudy. Param's are all good, but I think it's the GVH garlic/vitamin stuff I've been using. I let it soak in with the food, and when I feed them, it slightly clouds the tank. Because I don't have a skimmer (just a HOB filter), I think the garlic and vitamins just hang out in the tank which probably isn't a bad thing, is it?
How much are you adding at once? I use vitamins for every meal and have never had it cloud the water. Also, if your SG is still not down to 1.009 then you cannot start counting the three weeks quite yet (your thread in D&T).