anemone mouth looks bad

rsedatec

:help: i have a purple with yellow tip anemone. i think it is a ritteri. the thing is the mouth is getting pale all most looks like dead skin . it is not eating and all the water parms are well. its not growing as big as it use to. i really like this guy and want to know if this is the first sign of bad things to come. i have him for about 3 months, i also have vho lighting.

T

thomas712

A pic and some specifics would help.
What are your water paramiters? Did you also check temp,pH and salinity?
Skimmer or no? Any changes that you made recently? What size tank and total wattage of your VHO?
Thomas

rsedatec

Originally Posted by Thomas712
A pic and some specifics would help.
What are your water paramiters? Did you also check temp,pH and salinity?
Skimmer or no? Any changes that you made recently? What size tank and total wattage of your VHO?
Thomas
ok here we go
nitrate 10ppm
ph 8.2
ammonia 0
nitrite 0
i have a water chiller and two 1000 watt heaters ,the water is always at 77.1 degress
the tank is 120 gal
as for the thee lights i really dont know, there are 4 48 inch blubs i give it about 8 hrs of light aday
yes i have a skimmer and nothing new has taken place
i dont know how to down load a pic into your site.
i check the water every weeks and there has been no change in my #'s for months.

T

thomas712

OK..
Check for calcium and alkalinity. Otherwise your minor parameters look good.
Check to see what is written on those bulbs, hopefully you don't just have standard normal output bulbs. Is there a large ballast to run those bulbs?
To download a pic the image must be no larger than 500x500 pixels, underneath where you submit your reply are additional options where you can attach an image, the button is Manage Attachments I save my images in jpeg.