anemone splitting?

24aqua

i was wondering what youve done to get your anemone to split?or does it just happen?and is the reason some btas dont have bubble tips is because its hungry? :help: :notsure:

dogstar

Most healthy BTAs will split when they reach a certain size. Mine has done this several times now over the years I have had it...Got big, split, the one I kept got big, split, so on and so on. Each is different though..
IMO most will lose their bubbled tips in an aquarium when they relize there is little threat/stress from preditors or combatants and/or to absorb more lighting...I have no proof and say this only from personal thought and keeping one for nearly 6 years ( so I know its not hungry ) Researching this has been unproductive and beleive me, Ive tryed, and continue to try..... Check out the Big BTA thread....

jazzyz

yea my bta aplit while i was away. wish i was there to see the process. like dogstar said, mine got real big then split.

taz_12777

Mine also got big and then split. Had it for about 10 months when it got to be about 12 inches across, split so I have two sixes. When I got mine it had nice bubbles then lost them after about 2 months. I've had it a little over a year now. I have heard if you feed it alot it will split sooner but I think that may be due to stress than anything else.