anemone ?

wangotango

They will probably compete chemically but that may or may not be a problem depending on the size of the tank.

ppanthrah75

this is what happened i have a 150 galoon deep tank ive had a green bta for 7 or 8 years thing is huge 2 years ago bought a rose bta growing very nicely always been opposite sides of tank then a week ago my green bta decided to split and one moved to the same rock as my rose bta so i was curious if they could hurt each other

btldreef

They'll be fine, especially if you run carbon. I have two huge green BTA's right next to my gigantic RBTA in my 155 and all three have been fine with one another for over a year. I also have a mini carpet anemone in this tank. In my 40, I had two green BTA's next to each other and a Haitian pink tip on the other side of the tank with no issues. I've even done a baby BTA and a Haitain in my 14G. Of course, I've always ran carbon and done weekly, or at least bi weekly water changes.

ppanthrah75

i have never run carbon in my display tank what r the benifits? i noticed today the green bta and rose bta r twisting there tentacles with each other and they are both looking good

btldreef

Well, one benefit is if your anemones try to commit chemical warfare on one another, the carbon can detoxify it.
Carbon can also help with your overall water quality. I won't run a reef without it.

ppanthrah75

if i can ask what do u mean by chemical warfare never heard that about them and where would i put the carbon i have a sump and a fuge would i use the bagged carbon and drop in? thanx for the input

btldreef

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppanthrah75 http:///forum/thread/384218/anemone#post_3365341
if i can ask what do u mean by chemical warfare never heard that about them and where would i put the carbon i have a sump and a fuge would i use the bagged carbon and drop in? thanx for the input
Anemones can release chemicals to kill each other. Leathers and certain corals can actually do this as well. I've never noticed it to be too much of an issue except for a lot of leathers with SPS. Carbon can really even make the overall look of the water cleaner as well.
You place it in a bag (most come with a bag) and drop it in a high flow area of the sump.