Another question related to Marine Tank Chemistry

Luvthekeys

I know I ask a lot of questions but how else can I learn. A while back I had a very hard time keeping my alkalinity within the proper range. At that time I was not losing a lot of Calcium and Magnesium. So it was vexing trying to figure out what was going on. Now I am keeping my Alkalinity within the proper range without sudden drops of a point or two as I had before. However now I have to dose almost every day to keep my Calcium and Magnesium within limits. I have quite a bit of various micromanages in the tank, numerous invertebrates and some coral. I am dosing 15 ML of Magnesium at least every other day and 1.5 to 2.5 ML of liquid Calcium every other day. The tank is a 28 Gallon Nano with approximately 21 Gallons or so of water, I test for PH, Calcium, Magnesium and Alkalinity almost every day until I can trust my dosing. I believe that is a good sign but being new in the hobby I need someone to confirm my assumption.

bang guy

can you remind me what your water parameters are? how low do they get and how high after you dose? add temp & salinity if you don't mind

Luvthekeys

Okay thanks Bang Guy here are my applicable logs over the last few weeks. I hope you can read my chicken scratch.

[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited: