Another shippment from Gulf-View

aggiebear

Well, yet another customers review of Gulf-view.com.
Bought 50 lbs of Coralline and Deco rock. Incredible amounts of life on the rocks...unfortunately, I don't know if it was worth the hours I spent trying to remove all the newspaper the rock had been wrapped in. No matter how hard I tried there was no way to find it all. Now I have newspaper floating in my tank. Is this going to cause huge problems?
Quality of product :D
Packaging of product :mad:

drkegel

Hmmm, try to get it out as much as possible. I don't think the ink will affect your aquarium, as the ink is non-toxic. Although I believe that the ink is water soluble, and may cloud the water a bit. Maybe someone with more of a chemistry background could help you out here.
Chem class for me was a long time ago!
At any rate, I'd try to net out as much as possible, and do a 25% water change.

bj

I had the same thing with the newspaper, now 3 weeks later - nothing noticeable left in the tank. Not to worry, I watch my levels very closely and test probally more than is neccessary and I never saw anything change.

fab71

I had the same problem but before I put any of the rock into the tank I rinsed each one under the sink to clean off the newspaper. I still had a little newspaper in there but my filters took quick care of it. By the way what size tank do you have?

broomer5

Rinsing any rock, but especially aquacultured rock in a bucket of warm saltwater at display tank salinity and pH - would be a much better way to remove the small bits of wet newspaper.
Tap water - if contains chlorine - not so good for the beneficial bacteria and lifeforms.
Just my opinion - but I believe worth mentioning.

devante

I got a shipment from them also about a week ago. I had problems with the newpaper too. I gave up and just put it in the tank. I didn't care because I was going to let it cure first in a 20gal first. I don't see any paper in the tank anymore. The filter picked up the leftovers that were on the rock. I'm glad I didn't put it in my main tank, I found a Mantis shrimp in the rock and it was easier to get him out.