any experience on sea pansies?

zoidberg01

I want to get a sea pansy but I can't find much information can someone help me on maintainance, what does it eat or somewhere I can search information.

tonysi

All I know about them is that they bury themselves in the sand, are partial photosynthetic,and are fed like other non-photosynthetic corals.

tonysi

They eat zooplankton, so my guess would be that brine shrimp would be too big. Maybe newly hatched brine would be ok.

bang guy

I had a cavernularia obesa for several years. In my experience it requires a really deep sand bed, is NOT photosynthetic, requires a massive waterflow, and lots of both zooplankton and phytoplankton. I used cryopaste phytoplankton, prawn eggs, and oyster eggs and that seemed to work. Decapsulate brine shrimp eggs would probably work better than live brine shrimp but it probably won't survive without a varied diet. The sand bed it was in was about 8 inches deep but it probably could get by with 6 inches. I would not recommend this animal to the average hobbyist.

I'll try to find a picture of mine.

zoidberg01

OK thanks mine sandbed ain't that deep and I don't buy much plankton maybe further on I'll get one . Btw urs beautiful mine was gonna be purple