any good SW LFS in Los Angeles area?

sw_addict

Hi,
I have been using my weekends to go around finding good lfs...and all the ones i have been too are either ignorant about sw livestock though they carry it or are waaayy expensive... any recommendations where ppl are knowledgable about sw livestock and prices are reasonable?
thanks

sw_addict

well, thats a great idea but finding a boat to go a bit off the coast is not possible for me...collecting anything near the beach areas is not advisable due to pollutants.. unless anyone knows of any good isolated areas
thanks

tsname

I know of a few that I really like to go to. One's in Glendale, called Tropical Imports on 1134 E. Colorado Blvd., another is in Canoga Park called Aquarium City on 21723 Sherman Way, Millenium Pets in Burbank, 409 N. Victory Blvd., and one last place is in Santa Monica called Allen's, though I don't remember the address for the life of me.
Tropical Imports has good corals and inverts.
Aquarium City has a lot of good fish.
Millenium Pets has good fish and inverts, though observing how they handle the fish, they treat them a little rough.
Allen's has mostly fish, but not that big of a selection.
However, you should check them out and see which you like most, but I buy specimens from mostly all four.

insight

i goto a place called Fish World in Torrance, you actually need to pay for a membership which is only $35 a year but its worth it becuase you get pretty nice prices, they say you save up to 85% off retail and that you get wholesale prices, but...i don't think its actually that much but definitly cheaper than other fish stores around the area...but yah its a pretty nice place. [1875 Crenshaw Blvd, Torrance CA 90504...tell em Alan sent you :)

sltwtronly

Pacific Reef Tropical Fish great coral selection
(714) 821-8000 2877 W Lincoln Ave Anaheim ca
Pasadena Tropical Fish Inc very clean and hardy lookin fish
(626) 449-4987 2982 E Colorado Blvd # 108 Pasadena ca
Jeff's Exotic Fish very cheap but not huge selection
(310) 817-1176 115 W Victoria St Gardena ca
tongs tropical fish in whittier but they wont be open for 6 months...um water temp controller caught fire and burnt down store.

sw_addict

wow...thanks so much everyone!

i frequent Fumi's Tropical Fish, and i notice there prices are a little bit high and the ppl there are not too knowledgable about swf... i used to go to Tong's in south central but there prices are waaaaaay too high..
i really appreciate the feedback from all the SoCal-ers. :cheer: