Any Jeep Owners?

27mtaylor

If you have a Jeep, post some pics. Here is mine that I got last summer.
4" suspension lift
2" body lift
32x11.50 BFG AT's

molamola

I have a 2001 that I've managed to put 140,000 miles on. Only three more payments to go :cheer: I'm trying to convince my husband to buy a 2003 Rubicon.

27mtaylor

Ooooooooooo the rubicon's are nice. Don't they come with the Dana 44 axles and other offroad features? I bought mine used. It already had 142,000 miles on it but it ran good so I bought it. My wife and I decided we needed a play toy to drive at the beach or in the mountains. I still have to teach her how to drive a stick. Honestly she knows how to do it, but she is too scared to get out on the roads with it.

socal57che

This is in another post as well, but here it is on our trip from MO to CA in 2002. The first weekend after buying it we went muddin' andi found a 5 ft deep hole in the earth that was filled with the soupiest mud I'd ever seen. It looked innocent enough from where I was. I hit it at 25 mph and muck came over the hood. I freaked out and floored it. We made it out without taking in any water. It has a 2" spacer lift in the front and 3" helpers in the rear with 30x9.50s on stock alloy rims.

socal57che

This was around midnight after a couple runs in the mud pits. We'd had the Jeepster for about a year when these were taken. A friend was out in his Toy as well.

socal57che

Originally Posted by 27mtaylor
If you have a Jeep, post some pics. Here is mine that I got last summer.
4" suspension lift
2" body lift
32x11.50 BFG AT's
Nice lookin' Jeep!

37g joe

Nice Jeeps! I Might not have a jeep but I do have a 1995 nissan pathfinder SE Plan to get it a 3 inch lift and biger tires in the next year or so but just rebuilt the transmission so need to wait.
"(yes I know this is a jeep post but I just really wanted to share)

27mtaylor

No problem with that post. I have an '01 F-150 ext. cab 4x4 that I want to put 3 inches under, but I can't bring myself to spend the money. That's why I found a Jeep with a lot of mods on it already, so I wouldn't have to pay for them.
socal57che, I like playing in the mud too, but I don't do it so much now because it takes so long to get all the mud out from underneath the vehicle. I guess I just need to break down and get a pressure washer to make clean up a lot easier.

schneidts

I owned a '94 Wrangler that I sold about 4 years ago. I loved that thing. Me and a friend drove it from Binghamton, NY to Anchorage, AK then back again in 1998...I think I should have been a paid spokesman.

Interesting side note...on the way home from that trip, we wanted to see how fast we could make it and did so in 84 hours...that's 4700 miles in 84 hrs. I figure that must be some sort of record, but have never been able to confirm it. Jeeps rule!!

27mtaylor

Sounds like y'all were moving along pretty good. I bet that was a noisy trip though, unless you had a hard top. Two things I don't like about my Jeep, its noisy and I cant pull hills on the interstate while in overdrive.(i think I can fix the 2nd with a new set of ring and pinion gears) Jeeps do Rule. I can't wait till it is warm enough to put the top down agian. I bet you miss having yours.

schneidts

Yeah, we made good time when we could. I had a hardtop, and a "california top". My hardtop was loud, leaked a little, and bounced around a lot, but was definitely worth having. I do miss it, but mine did have it's share of mechanical problems. I wonder if they'll ever go back to the square headlights?

socal57che

I cant pull hills on the interstate while in overdrive.(i think I can fix the 2nd with a new set of ring and pinion gears) Jeeps do Rule.
The 4.0s respond very well to intake/exhaust mods. I have a k&N kit, a Dynomax cat-back exhaust, Mallory HyFire ign box and MSD coil. (very noticeable improvement) They also like high octane fuel, especially if you have highway gears. PCM upgrades are available, too. I spent 10+ years in Chrysler/Jeep dealer so I hated Jeeps. (Just Everybody Elses Parts) It took me a looonng time to warm up to them enough to actually buy one. There is a reman engine from Golen that is stroked to 4.6 liters and boasts 260 hp and 295 ft lb torque. It's like $3300. There are a lot of small block Chevy conversions out there, too.
I'm trying to sell mine, but will hate to see it go. (bought an '05 4runner with 4.7 V-8)
ps pick up a spare crank position sensor to keep in the glove box.

27mtaylor

Mine has a Borla exhaust system on it, but I still need to give it a K&N filter. I have thought many times about the ignition system. So you noticed a big increase in power with the MSD and HyFire system? What are your opinions on the Throttle body spacers? Its a cheap upgrade, but I've heard mixed reviews. If my engine ever blows up I think I will opt for a bigger engine like you suggested. That jeep wouldn't hold the road then, LOL. 4 Runners are nice!

tatoush

Have been jeepin since I got first got my license. First Jeep was an 1989 Cherokee Laredo Automatic. The Cherokees in these years were adapted with Japanese trannies. My Jeep hauled serious ---. I would race other kids off the line and smoke them. God I miss that car, it had 155,000 on it when I gave it to my parents to put towards their trade in and the things was still running. My second Jeep which is the one I am driving now is a 96 Grand Cherokee Laredo with about 145,000 on the odometer, but looks as new as the day that it was made. Jeep on!
Lev

socal57che

Mine has a Borla exhaust system on it, but I still need to give it a K&N filter. I have thought many times about the ignition system. So you noticed a big increase in power with the MSD and HyFire system? What are your opinions on the Throttle body spacers? Its a cheap upgrade, but I've heard mixed reviews.
The K&N kit made a noticeable difference in seat-of-your-pants torque and upper RPM HP.
The ign upgrade helped idle quality, torque, and cut down on spark-knock under loads. I think it helped with fuel mileage, but never actually did a before & after to see. I pulled a 16' flatbed with my '57 Chevy on it.
When I was racing, spacing the throttle plates from the manifold would create upper RPM horspower at the expense of low RPM torque and I was not willing to spend the $70 to try it on the Jeep. (that was with carbs, though)
I talked to a guy in Denver that did the TB spacers as part of an upgrade pkg. (with Airaid filter kit) and he said the results were minimal at best and that I probably would not notice any difference.
The Mallory was $99 from Jegs and the coil was $35. I put an 8.8mm wire set on at the same time. I use only Champion plugs in Chrysler products. They are the only cars I use them in. They don't fire worth a crap in anything else I've screwed them into, and nothing seems to work as well in a Mopar.

According to JP magazine an air filter kit, exhaust kit w/ header, oversize throttle body and Hypertech software program combined are worth 20 hp and 20 ft lb gain at the rear tires. That would put a stock 4.0 at roughly 150 hp and 200 ft lb torque.

socal57che

Originally Posted by Reeferman1
Here's my '91 in front of my 3000GT.

What the??
There's snow on the ground and the Jeep is blocked in by the Mitsu. That's just not right.
Seriuosly, though, I miss driving the 3.0 twin turbo Stealths. Rev to 6000 and drop the hammer smoking all 4 tires. (Had to test the replacement transfer unit) They get a tad squirrelly under this condition. Cool cars.