Anyone ever keep a Flame trunkfish???? Info.?

myerst22

Hello all. I have been mulling over what I want to do as far as my next display. I have always wanted to do a "sub-tropical" display. I am thinking of something like the 150 cube and having a dedicated chiller and keep temps in the lower to mids 60"s. One fish, which I have only seen once in person has always been a dream of mine to own and that is the Anoplocapros lenticularis.

I know these fish are delicate and have the abilty of releasing toxins. Does anyone have experience keeping these fish? Any info would be greatly appreciated!!! Also I have some leads on this fish, but if anyone knows of a source for these Australian fish that would be great. Thanks in advance, T

U

usirchchris

I have never had one of those, but I have a longhorn, yellow cube, and scrawled boxfish, and had a white spotted and different longhorn before. I have never been able to keep a white spotted more than a couple weeks...unsure why, but I have attempted it twice. I have had those two and one longhorn that passed and none released toxin into my tanks. The longhorn I am convinced I lost to copper treatment. In general I have not found them difficult to care for. I think they are delicate shippers but once established they are not difficult. Low flow, low population, and lots of food and you are good to go IME.

meowzer

WOW...I have never seen anything that looked like that before....If you get one I'd like to see it in your tank....very interesting