Anyone ever picked up Football Tickets on Craiglist

stdreb27

So I've been looking for football tickets as a christmas present. Stubhub is too steep, so I've been looking online through Craigslist. And I keep on getting responses like this.
Hello,
I am selling the DALLAS COWBOYS VS. PHILADELPHIA EAGLES 4 TICKS 38 Y.L. for $650.The price including shipping.Because i am located in Arizona, Phoenix i would like to do this transaction trough ----.You will be sending the money to an ---- agent. ---- will send the funds to me ONLY AFTER you will receive the DALLAS COWBOYS VS. PHILADELPHIA EAGLES 4 TICKS 38 Y.L. and agree to keep it.If you are not agree to keep it you will get a full refund.In order to start the transaction i will need your full name, address and your ---- id.They will send you an invoice with all the informations you need. I will send the DALLAS COWBOYS VS. PHILADELPHIA EAGLES 4 TICKS 38 Y.L. via UPS.
I will wait your reply.
Thank You.
Actually this is the 3rd person from AZ. Using the same thing. Anyone ever done anything like that before? Just seems strange.

9supratt4

I don't trust that....It sounds just like the scams you hear about on the news. Never send money to a third person EVER!!
They try to do that a lot with cars for sale by owner.

browniebuck

that should have red flags all over it...either find someone local, get on e bay, or find the team re-sale site (varies depending on the team...I am a Browns fan...my team sucks so I can get CHEAP tickets from season ticket holders on their website).

reefraff

A friend bought tickets locally in a cash and carry transaction and in researching the issue he found out many of the CL ticket deals are scams. His was a face to face transaction where he could see the tickets before he handed over the money. Even then you take a chance on the tickets being fake if you don't know what to look for.

noah's nemo

I have bought and sold on CL with great luck.However, i did get alot of scammer E-mails like the one you got.To me it was easy to figure out the scammers,the E-mails always read as if a robot or somethoing typed it up.When you get an E-mail from a person interested in your ad,its usually ,
Hey how you doing, i saw your add today on CL and was wondering if you were still selling/wanting to buy.They just sound more like a real person.In my experience anyway....

also if you meet up with someone, do it in a very public place. not down a street to find a abandoned house with some thugs waiting for you to pull into the driveway and mug you.

stdreb27

I gave up, and went for Stubhub, 180 dollars a ticket, (including fees). Ouch. I really hope that game ends up meaning something.