Anyone ever pull a groin muscle from running?

blackjacktang

Yup, im pretty sure i have pulled, or torn my leg muscle.
I was at the park at midnight. We saw these two ghetto older people approach us from about 200 ft. We looked and knew we had a good chance to run. We ran has hard as we could because they yelled "IF YOU RUN WE WILL F YOU ALL UP" we continued to run hard as they gave up. I slowed down after we lost sight of them because as we were running, i heard a small pop in my left leg joint (Connecting my Leg and Tailbone) and after that pain.
That was about 2 days ago and now its feeling better, but im still getting pain in my upper leg. We did research and believe i pulled or tore my inner groin muscle and the popping is the sound of the muscle fibers tearing. Has anybody done this before? How long to heal and advice on how to make it heal just right? Im trying to get it to heal just right so my odds of doing it again dont increase because i am a skater and a lacrosse player. I have been putting ice and resting a lot so i dont work it too hard.

geoj

Yup, im pretty sure i have pulled, or torn my leg muscle.

I was at the park at midnight. We saw these two ghetto older people approach us from about 200 ft. We looked and knew we had a good chance to run. We ran has hard as we could because they yelled "IF YOU RUN WE WILL F YOU ALL UP" we continued to run hard as they gave up. I slowed down after we lost sight of them because as we were running, i heard a small pop in my left leg joint (Connecting my Leg and Tailbone) and after that pain.

That was about 2 days ago and now its feeling better, but im still getting pain in my upper leg. We did research and believe i pulled or tore my inner groin muscle and the popping is the sound of the muscle fibers tearing. Has anybody done this before? How long to heal and advice on how to make it heal just right? Im trying to get it to heal just right so my odds of doing it again dont increase because i am a skater and a lacrosse player. I have been putting ice and resting a lot so i dont work it too hard.
Go get it checked the way you describe does not sound like a simple pulled muscle.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Especially if you are not packing heat.
Getting that checked out is a good idea. You never know if it is something more serious than a pulled muscle.

meowzer

OH MY....out after midnight....chased by "ghetto people"
Sounds like you are lucky all you got was a pulled (or torn) muscle
I agree with the others though...get it checked out

if its a sharp pain its more likely a tear and you will need to have it examined and then more than likely surgery for repair. its its just a really bad pull expect it to take a couple of weeks and you're going to want to ice it on and off every 30 mins for about 20 mins every day until the pain goes away. you're also going to want to slightly stretch it everyday as well .....good luck

blackjacktang

still havnt gone to the doctors yet. Pain is slowly going away but im not going to work it too hard. I canot walk 100% normal yet. I am still very sure it is a muscle pull. Thanks for everyones input!

mrdc

Could be a type of thrombosis which is what I got one time from running too hard. I forget the actual name but I know it wasn't deep thrombosis. I had to alternate hot and cold packs while taking aleve for about 5 days. But if it continues to hurt, go see a doc.

gemmy

Yeah, if after a week or two you still have pain go to the doctor. Trust me it is better to get things taken care while you are young. I tore my ACL 5 years ago and refused to have the surgery and now I am paying for it. I have developed other issues in my hip and my other knee due to dealing with the pain in my knee.