Anyone have a Dvd burner?

entice59

Any recommendations out there and do you guys know if the software can convert my videos (mpeg, avi.. etc) into a dvd?

joerdie

i have a tdk dvd burner. i use roxio software that came with the burner. it works okay for me but im not doing anything that in depth. i also use dvd x copy to burn "backup" (wink, wink) copies of my favorite dvd's.

blackomne

That new DVDXtreme I heard allows you to burn videos to DVD's as well. As for the burner go with a dvd-rw not a dvd+rw. Minus not Plus. Difference is in the way the two burn. Minus is the industry standard at the moment.

joerdie

most dvd burners are + and -. what you need to do is check witch dvd's your player plays. my players for example play
dvd-r
my players (except my pc dvd player) are older and do not play -rw or +rw disks.
dvd-r is the industry standard but its the same issue as with vhs vs. betamax. soney players use dvd+r disks and some sony players wont play a burnt disk unless it is a +r.
just look into whitch dvd's your player plays.
p.s. most dvd burners will burn dvd-r, dvd+r, dvd-rw, and dvd+rw. my tdk can burn all of those and only ran around $150.00