Anyone have this RO/DI system?

debdeb

I just bought this dvoneb aqua ro/di unit from the

[hr]
site:
"Zero 0 ppm RO+(2)DI 125GPD Reverse Osmosis Water Filter"
Does anyone have one of these? I've read around some and I've seen negative and positive feedback on the

[hr]
site ro/di filters in general but nothing on this one. I had started to buy a friends unit he bought from HD but it was 25g/d and I was really worried that filling my 180g, sump & fuge was going to take 2 weeks at that rate. The price was great, of course I know you get what you pay for.
If anyone has this, can you let me know if you like it or if you've had to tweak to make improvements?

debdeb

I'm sorry, I thought it was okay to describe where I bought this from as long as I didn't use a link or name. I don't want to disrespect Saltwaterfish.com, they are an incredible resource and I appreciate them sponsering this forum. Will be more careful. Thanks

scsinet

The problem is that there are a million different brands out there.
The best way to measure the quality of an RODI system is with a TDS meter. If you measure the TDS of your product water and the TDS of your tap water, the difference will tell you how well your filter is working.
For example, my tap water reads about 062 TDS. My RODI product water is 001 TDS. That's pretty good.
You can get a TDS meter from just about anywhere, a basic one should cost about 20-30 bucks.
Don't worry about the 25gpd thing. It will take a long time to fill a large tank like a 180, but only when filling the tank or doing a very large water change will you use that much water at one time.
Oh, and one more thing, the words you used are automatically filtered by the system, you didn't irritate a mod.
Watch:
AUK-TION :

[hr]
IEEEE-Baehye : ----
see... ? :hilarious

debdeb

Good, thanks SCSInet. I have a TDS meter on order so we'll see when it all gets here. I suppose any RO/DI unit is better than tap water. I plan on setting up 2 - 30 gallon brute trash cans, one for top-off and one for saltwater. I want to get an auto top off set up too. I read somewhere, I can't remember where now, about a set up that also had an automatic weekly water change set up. That's a bit over my head but I'd love to set up the evap. top off so my parameters stay consistent.