anyone know how to make a natural gas grill burn hotter?

blazehok68

i have aquired a 4 burner jenn air grill that was converted to natural gas. i ran a gas line from under the house outside to the grill and it lights up just fine everytime. but it only gets up to about 500 degrees. i have replaced two of the burners so far because the original ones were coming apart at the seams. it only brought the temp up about 50 degrees to get me to my 500 degrees. i am planning on replacing the other two burners also but if it works out the same as before, i will probably only get about 50 more degrees getting me to 550.
the propane grill that i have is a 4 burner also and i can get that guy to about 800.
i googled this question, it seems like i might me able to change either the regulator or the orifice fittings that go to the burners. has anyone ever done this? what other options do i have if i do these and it does me no good?
from what i understand, the grill WAS properly converted to natural gas, but how can i check to confirm this.
i want to make it hotter because it seems like whatever i cook, i have to cook on high. the only thing i really should be cooking on high is my steak. chicken and ribs and vegetables i would prefer to cook low and slow.

reefraff

I had a propane appliance (Don't remember what it was) that came with a jet you had to change out for using natural gas. I've heard you have to drill out the gas jets for a DIY project. I'd be looking for a kit of some kind