Anyone use frozen formula 1 and 2

striker

I just bought these from a lfs in the frozen packs to give my fish a larger variety of foods. The problem is when I give it to the fish it disintigrates and made a mess in my tank. My fish barely got any pieces out of it, the rest just spread out all over. Is this how it's supposed to be or did I get an old batch? Needless to say it's $12 down the drain. I also bought silverslides which worked great for my corals and inverts. Do any of you have other fish food suggestions(besides brine and flakes)? thanks, frank.

kev

I've been using formula 1 for over 6 months. In this time, I have noticed a great difference in the overall health of my tomato clown(I also feed him spirulina flakes all the time.) My formula 1 doesn't spread all over the tank at all. Is your F1 frozen? If its not, which its supposed to be, that could be the problem. I haven't had any problems with this food at all, and I think its great! :D

cap'n pete

I've feed Formula frozens for YEARS, and never had a problem. I slice small pieces off the cube and put it in the tank. The fish gobble it up before I can get another piece in. My clownfish almost cuts itself in half trying to eat it off the end of the knife before I get it in the water!