Appy's Solana Journal

appaloosa1

A few new additions and new photos!
I added a hi fin banded goby. I absolutely love this fish, even though I didn't see him for weeks when I first got him.

And a new Lobo

And some new cloves

And some new SPS, digitatas and Idaho Grape Monti

looks awesome! How do you like your light? I just got the same light for my 24g aquapod. How often do you change your bulb? Any heat issues? Also, how high do you hang it from the top of your tank?

appaloosa1

Thanks! I really like the light and definately like the way it looks. I haven't changed the bulb yet since i've only had it for a month. I usually just change bulbs when I notice it becoming more yellow. I actually can't keep my temperature up! I don't have a glass lid so heat really shouldn't be a problem. Right now I have the light about 8 inches above the water.

appaloosa1

Originally Posted by Everest
http:///forum/post/2946302
are there any special requirements for those?
They have low light needs, even though I often keep mine at the top of my tank under MHs for feeding. They like being fed meaty foods often, but it is not necessary. They are pretty easy corals.

appaloosa1

I was running out of room for corals so I reaquascaped last weekend. I really like how it turned out. Not much else to add though!

Caught my Lobo having a yummy exoskeleton the other day

appaloosa1

New additions and new photos!
My first clam! I just had to have it. The blasto next to it is growing really well. The clam is 3-4 inches, so you can guess how large the polyps on the blasto are.

Won 2 frags of this awesome birdsnest at the last reef club meeting.

Also bought this frag at the same store

And yesterday, my friend delivered some ricordea to me! A blue with 4 mouths, orange with 2 and green with 5!

I've started using the Aquavitro products. I'm really happy with them. Getting some awesome growth.