Are Bowfronts prone to leaking?

zero26

I've been reading a couple threads on here about bowfronts leaking badly. Is this true? I want to get a 54 or a 90 corner bowfront, but I don't want it exploding all over my hardwood floors!

nycbob

not true at all. it leaks or breaks bc these people decided to or accidentally cut off the center panel.

sepulatian

My 46 sprung a leak a few years after I bought it. I drained it and resealed the section. It has been fine since.

fau8

main problem is trying to utilize a conopy and lighting issues. You have limited space due to the curvature.

joe 09

i have the 175 bow and canopy in the living rm.no tlb.it is a nice piece of furniture,keeps the wife happy.

ryancw01

I had a 46 bow and it leaked. Water was coming out of the front plastic bottom piece. Not sure if it was because it was a bow though.

woody189

Originally Posted by nycbob
http:///forum/post/3016535
not true at all. it leaks or breaks bc these people decided to or accidentally cut off the center panel.
I'm one of those ppl. I merely trimmed the center brace and my tank is now beginning to bow further. I'm going to take care of it today.
As for leaks, I've had mine for over a yr. and no problems at all.

misskitty

as with any new tank I always fill the tank up with regular tap water let it sit for a day or two and check for any leaks before going any further. Rather have a tap/fresh water leak then a salt water one!