Are these any good?

clear-seal1988

hey dustinX

Hydor are usually pretty good i personally dont have one but i have a few friends that have used them and they have said there really good value for money :) hope this helps :)

Happy Reefing

snakeblitz33

Make sure that if they are a European or German brand, that they can be used on our electric grid or have a power adapter included. If not, they sell them for around $20-30 in the luggage isle at most big box stores.

I like the marineland in-sump skimmer out of those choices.

snakeblitz33

If I were you, I would look into spending just a little more and getting a Tunze brand hang on back skimmer... Or eshoppes.

dustintx

Ive been debating on the tunze 9001. My DIY skimmer pulls some chunks and its a light brown skimmate. I can only imagine how well an actualy professional skimmer would do.

No Jay,I have not. My budget is not really $200-300 for a skimmer at the moment.

dustintx

The Tunze 9001 would be a great choice. I don't think you would go wrong with that one.
Is $115 a good price for that model? It's the lowest I've seen on it. It just looks so different from most protein skimmers,which is why I've been leary to buy it.

dustintx

Function maybe,but this one in question is not of the circular diameter as most are,this one is rectangular and apparently has an adapter to surface skim. I guess it's game changing possibly,and works the same.