Are vortech powerheads worth it?

runn3rb3an

i have a 48x24x8 frag tank and was planning on putting a koralia 4 and a mj 1200 for water movement. i also have a fluval fx5 and return pump running from my refugium to the main tank too.
I was thinking about replacing the maxijet and koralia with a vortech mp10. My question is are these vortech really worth the money when used in something like a frag tank as shallow as mine? I mean i could get a few koralias for that proce...
any personal experiences or advice?
thanks

nikesb

theyre super worth it. the different modes, especielly reef crest, allow for what corals really like. the koralias just do one constant flow and take up way too much space. you wont regret getting an mp10. i have a 24x24x14 tank and i cant even turn up the mp10 all the way cause its too strong.

acrylic51

+1 Well worth the money....as NikeSB said the different modes is definitely worth it that you wouldn't get with your MJ or Koralias.

runn3rb3an

Looks like I'm getting one haha. Now the real question is anyone familiar with the ecosmart driver and is it worth coughing up the extra 50 bucks for it?
Does anyone have any pros/cons with the new ecosmart driver?