arrow crab

salty star

My arrow crab got into the anemone carpet and he lost two of his front legs. :( He lost his front pincher leg and the next one back on the same side. He seems to get along ok just very slow. My question is he dying a slow death or should I leave him alone and see what happen? He is in a 75 gal. reef tank and he real joy and will be missed. The anemone is going to be moving to a new home real shorty. Thanks for any insight Terry

clarkiiboi

IMO I would leave it alone, maybe the legs will grow back, but I am not sure. I couldnt find mine one morning and then I saw a part of a leg floating near the anemone and looked closer and saw alot of legs---the dang thing ate it! :mad:

pc fisher

One of mine is missing his front pinchers but it doesn't seem to affect im, the other one has already molted. I've only had them for a month. I caught them my self while SCUBA diving. Iwas diving a bridge span and they were all over the place. :)

iechy

I think they will probably grow back when he gets a new shell. I had a Coral Banded who lost a claw and when he shed his old shell he had a new claw. I don't know where it comes from when they get the new shell but it was there.:confused:

cap'n pete

What ye need to do is widdle the matey a little wooden leg... aaargh.
Just kidding. I think the limbs will grow back a little each time it molts. It will get along fine until then, just let it be.