Attack of the blob! Clear blob in my tank!!!

kingzfan

It kind of reminds me of that movie "Creepshow 2" there was a segment in that movie where a blob was in the water and ate everything. Hope that's not the case...Good luck with it.

jugger

i get that stuff to.... it just pops out of the sand from time to time....i have one today matter of a fact.... but heres a pic of one last month... really wish i knew what it was

jeo

it moved around and it tried to ensnare my hermit. Luckily just at that moment my tang tried to eat it and saved little hermie's life :D
so I would say its alive

smarls

????????
OK, thats freaky. I have no idea what that is. But, if I see one of those in my tank...well, it is going to be the biggest water change in history.
Stewart

michaeltx

looks like a cacoon or a mucas string like the vermitid snails produce to catch food just on a larger scale.
my flasher wrasses made these at night to sleep and depending on the current on which way it drifted but it seemed alive and would wrapp it self around aother snails and things it came in contact with.
those are just the ones that I have seen though I am sure there are other critters that do this sort of thing.
Mike

attml

Kind of looks a little like a Tunicate but they are usually not mobile and typically smaller? I would lock the bedroom door tonight!!!:D

leboeuf

my guess is it's a secrection from a fish. What are your inhabitants. It doesn't appear to be alive or are there confirmed kills?

jeo

Its still in the tank this morning. I do have a sixline wrasse, but the blob is pretty big! I know you can't tell from the pics, but its bigger than a golf ball and appears to be solid based on how it moves. I have heard that wrasses make cocoons, but I have never seen one from mine before and this seems much too big to have been created by my sixline. I also have 2 false percs, a court jester goby and a unicorn tang.