Auction sight??

darth tang

Are you that new to the internet.....
What site have you ever bid on to buy something. The first one to mind is probably it.

diane4

Actually, I think ever since they raised their listing and comission fees, and there has been so much spam with people trying to look like they are from the big auction site or the common pay pal folks, the sales are down.
I noticed that there are less listing available than before as a buyer, and as a seller out there, there are less people buying. I wonder what the other big auction sites are out there. Where did everyone go.

T

thomas712

This is almost too funny to delete, but I will have to edit for content and place it in the Aquarium.

PS. Sight is what you see
l......a site is a place.

mikeyjer

The last time I was there trying to buy a light kit, some girl keep out bidding me over and over. On the last day she outbid me by $10 The site later e-mailed me again saying the item was mine if I want to take it cause the girl didn't buy it. It kinda tick me off, why in the world would she outbid me if she wasn't gonna buy it. It was at a very low price for metal halide and it went to the point that the price was a bit pricey after she outbid me over and over. I bought a brand new one anyway from a different site. I'm just going on and on here...I'll stop....

diane4

Originally Posted by Mikeyjer
The last time I was there trying to buy a light kit, some girl keep out bidding me over and over. On the last day she outbid me by $10 The site later e-mailed me again saying the item was mine if I want to take it cause the girl didn't buy it. It kinda tick me off, why in the world would she outbid me if she wasn't gonna buy it. It was at a very low price for metal halide and it went to the point that the price was a bit pricey after she outbid me over and over. I bought a brand new one anyway from a different site. I'm just going on and on here...I'll stop....

Don't assume it's because the first buyer didn't come through and purchase the item. As a seller, I often have multiple copies or several of something. And when there is more than one bidder, I will send a second chance offer to the underbidders. Increases sales.

mikeyjer

Originally Posted by diane4
Don't assume it's because the first buyer didn't come through and purchase the item. As a seller, I often have multiple copies or several of something. And when there is more than one bidder, I will send a second chance offer to the underbidders. Increases sales.
No, the first buyer didn't come through. That's what the e-mail said. That's what ticked me off. :happyfish

maeistero

Originally Posted by Mikeyjer

i would never buy from that person. you can list an item at your home ip then go to a local wifi spot or library and outbid any buyer to drive the price up on another ip. the buyer gets an e-mail lowering the price a couple bucks, not realizing that he/she was bidding against the seller. i HATE buy it now items also. it seems you cant really buy from individuals on 80% of the auctions. i offer is another place i saw on cnbc just now. connect the words add a dot com and see. i haven't really got into searching it yet. really good expose on eday though, good job cnbc.

space_geek

Oh, Beth I remember seeing that on E B A Y and it was 100 bucks!! And it was obviously painted on or something...how cruel. The things some people will do to make money! Plus it was EXTREMELY emaciated.