B-ionic 2 part??

reefer123

i am going to get into sps and was wondering if this 2 part solution really works?
i have heard good reviews of it from some friends, but let's hear from you.
i have a 60g tank and the directions say to add 1ml every 4 gallons, is this a good amount to do daily?
thanks.

chunkysoup

you will need to get a good calcium and alk test kit (Salifert). Then play around with them to see how much your tank's daily demands are. You will have to play around with the b-ionic to get your levels just right.

murph145

i use it on my 100 gallon tank mixed reef with lots of different things including 10 different pieces of sps 2 clams some lps and softies
anyways i end up using about 20-25ml of the calcium part 2 and about 40-50ml a day of the alk part 1 dont know why but my tank needs more alk then calcium and as of today my readings were calcium 410ppm and alk 8.4dkh
im saving to get a calcium reactor instead dosing becomes too much when u have a lot of calcium demanding creatures its good with a medium amount of calcium demand but it gets too be too much daily
but to answer your question yes it does work well but u do need to get the test and check to see where u are at currently then mess around with dosing to see what your tank requires