Back to basics- 29g adventure

pegasus

Woopie! Congratulations, Seth!!! Long week my a*@... it's going to be a long 18+ years!!!

Sorry pal, I couldn't resist. There's nothing like raising a child, and I know you'll have lots to teach the little guy. Yeah... some pics would be nice. Maybe you can hold him by the fish tank? Just a thought...

Congrats, again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

snakeblitz33

Thanks y'all. Just another chapter in our lives. Three more years of diapers, wipes, and so forth.

Eh, I like baby wipes so much I'll probably keep buying them. Only parents can really understand. Lol

Just checked on the tank. Topped it off and fed the fish. Looks OK so far. Gonna run some tests on it this weekend and add as necessary.

snakeblitz33

Oh yeah, I'm very familiar with borax. I use it every day.

I miss home. I'm so ready to get back to the daily grind of it all. Cayden is doing well,.. So far he is extremely easy to please. I'm looking forward to his laid back attitude... I hope it lasts.

No idea what is going on at home. I didn't get to feed the fish today but I should be able to tomorrow. Just ready to get home.

And to anyone that is going to stay at a hospital as a guest, I suggest investing in foam pad and a sleeping bag and maybe some foam ear plugs. Just a bit of advice from a guy that's been there, done that.

snakeblitz33

Gonna get to come home this evening. Glad it's not going to be crazy late before we get home. Last time they released us after midnight. It sucked..

Everything is going great so far.

Came home briefly to check on everything and my maxijet powerhead came unsuctioned and blew sand all around the tank. I fixed it and hope that everything gets back in order.

pegasus

I know you're looking forward to getting home with the Mrs. and 'lil Seth... err... Cayden. Can't blame you for that... lol!

Everyone could use a good sand cleaning every now and then. That's just not the way one would usually go about it, though. If that's the worst thing that happened while you were away, then it's all good. Hope you're able to get some sleep tonight... ;)

snakeblitz33

Got home. Ate. Got my daughter in bed. Got my son taken care of. Tested the tanks water.

Calcium 400mg/L
Alkalinity 6dKH

So it dropped by:

Calcium 40mg/L
Alkalinity 4dKh

So this evening I added:

8floz calcium
2.5floz alkalinity.

I will retest alkalinity in the morning.

snakeblitz33

Ran another test. Looks like my calcium falls by 10mg/L a day currently.

I'm tempted to increase the lights intensity from 60% both channels to 70% both channels.

snakeblitz33

Ran another test. Looks like my calcium falls by 10mg/L a day currently.

I'm tempted to increase the lights intensity from 60% both channels to 70% both channels.

pegasus

Wow, she looks just like you, Seth... only prettier! LOL!!! Nice looking boy you've got there. Sis appears to be very happy with the new addition. Looks like he'll have a good babysitter. ;)

Yeah, it's nice when you can finally dial in the daily dosage. About the time you get it figured out, the corals grow and demand more, and then... somehow... another coral mysteriously appears in the tank. Not sure how that happens, are we??? :confused: