Bananafish won't eat

juice_1080

I recently came home from vacation to a 96 degree tank and had to relocate it and lost all but a few Palythoas, my maroon clownfish pair and a yellow watchman goby named Bananafish. (Plus some inverts but thats not the important part). It is now 2-3 weeks later and things that were going to rebound have pretty much rebounded besides Bananafish. He has not touched food since the trauma. I can see he is wasting away but he won't touch his food.
I have had him for over a year and he has always ate anything I have offered without a problem. What should I do? During the problem (or shortly before) his buddy magnum (tiger pistol shrimp) also passed away. Could this have something to do with it as well? They were paired up and shared a burrow and helped each other and all of that good stuff.
For the most part everyone just eats ORA-GLO and is pretty content with that and the occasional feeding of a mixture of mysis, brine, and rotifers with a hint of garlic.
Thanks for your time.
JuiCE

ryancw01

Well, the temp going up to 96 degrees is going to be pretty dramatic for any fish in an aquarium. How long were you on vacation for and what happened to cause that? Just try to keep everything very consistent as far as temp and parameters and he should snap out of it. Try to keep stress levels down. No moving anything around in there or cleaning the inside of the tank. He could have gotten ich from that crazy temp swing. Try soaking their food in liquid garlic also. This might get him to eat.

juice_1080

I have an ich free system as I quarantine everything that goes into my tank so that is not a possibility. Ich is a parasite and parasites must be introduced and cannot just appear out of nowhere.
I was gone for a weekend and when I came back it was 96 because of a random heat wave. I live in WI and it never gets as hot as it did. The tank never really fluctuated at all last summer and it hadn't moved. Now it is in the basement where it stays cooler though. Nothing is moving in the tank just alot of death that has ended and everything is on the rebound.
The mysis, brine shrimp, and rotifers were thawed enough to mix and when I did that I mixed in some garlic extreme back when I made it up. I did this because the fish love the ORA-GLO but when I fed anything else they kinda ignored it unless it had garlic mixed in.
Bananafish has been moved from tank to tank and all that good stuff and has never really had any issues of not eating. I believe he ate the first day he came back from the pet shop. So I am not sure what is going on with him now.

windlasher

Originally Posted by juice_1080
http:///forum/post/3090569
I recently came home from vacation to a 96 degree tank and had to relocate it and lost all but a few Palythoas, my maroon clownfish pair and a yellow watchman goby named Bananafish. (Plus some inverts but thats not the important part). It is now 2-3 weeks later and things that were going to rebound have pretty much rebounded besides Bananafish. He has not touched food since the trauma. I can see he is wasting away but he won't touch his food.
I have had him for over a year and he has always ate anything I have offered without a problem. What should I do? During the problem (or shortly before) his buddy magnum (tiger pistol shrimp) also passed away. Could this have something to do with it as well? They were paired up and shared a burrow and helped each other and all of that good stuff.
For the most part everyone just eats ORA-GLO and is pretty content with that and the occasional feeding of a mixture of mysis, brine, and rotifers with a hint of garlic.
Thanks for your time.
JuiCE

OK - Whats a Bananafish?